The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
BLAZIN'72

Dog's and Trucks

Well last week I buried my best friend! His name was Trooper, he was a brindle pit. I thought it would get easier to deal with but after a week I seem to miss him more! I mean I got this dog when I was 18, I turned 32 on may-6, 14 years! When I got him I was driving a 1984 toyota 4x4 and since then I have owned many trucks (and he rode in them all). Anyway it got me thinking about dog's & trucks, what is it about trucks that dog's love so much? I couldn't even pick up my truck keys without him going crazy, he knew if I was driving my truck he could go. I still love my truck's but it's just not the same, it's like having all the money in the world but no friends, no one to enjoy it with. When we were driving down the road ridin' high hanging our heads out the window, man we were on top of the world! I miss him and Truckin' will never be the same without him!
BLAZIN'72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:08 PM   #2
Hugger

I lost my Lab several years ago, and I still miss him today.
Keep your head up!
You need to get another companion, Trooper would want you to keep on Truckin'
Erik
Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
dat

I know exactly how you feel. My lab/retriever died a couple months ago and I had to sell my other truck because it was more his than mine and I didn't feel right driving it without him. I still don't know if I can stand to go hunting this fall...

I miss him a LOT more than the truck.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:07 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

by all means get another dog the new one wont replace the old but he will bond with ya and become your new best friend

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:18 PM   #5
buckola
1 Wrench / 10 Knuckles

Don't flame me ( I have a cat) . He's a mean old sob but so was my Father and I liked him. He goes for the occasional ride but I doubt he gets as excited about it as Trooper did. The truth is I would also miss him if he was gone
I don't care what anyone says, you get a bond with your pet that none pet owners will never understand.
Take some time and morn his passing but by all means get another dog. They offer too much to someones life to go without one.
Please accept my sincere condolences.

Steve

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8. 1/4 mile 13.3

1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki ( all original)
buckola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:22 PM   #6
Alex

Funny thing is all my dogs have not enjoyed riding in my truck at all! They've been spoiled by riding in quieter, smoother cars. I think my truck is too scary to ride in whenever I am driving. I wonder why....

Give yourself some time and find a new companion when you feel ready.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:39 PM   #7
barn9
Half a bubble off!

I lost my Dalmation last year, he was 14 and thought riding in a Chevy truck (he was never in anything else) was the greatest thing in the world. If the truck moved without him in it he would get pissed and raise holy hell. Like dat's dog, he thought the truck was his. He lived through the tornado that got my house in 1991, and it also got his truck. I bought the '71 I have now before I bought another house, a dog and his man gotta have priorities you know! Miss ya Bucky! The truck is doin' fine.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 PM   #8
LeRoy
Registered truck nut

I feel your pain. I lost my Rotty, Schmitty, 3 months ago. If any truck, I was driving, left without him, he would freak!! Hell, I even miss the nice big drool spots he left on the bedsides, lol. I could leave my Blazer anywhere. You were a fool if you tried to get in it while he was there

R.I.P.
Schmitt dog
Old 05-15-2003, 08:58 PM   #9
Wootdog

Dogs in Trucks

My dog is Taylor a Chocolate Lab, loves my old truck better than anything in life. So much so that when she gets up, she hangs out on the couch in the living room by the front door. She thinks any time I go out the door she has to go for a ride. Wootdog
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:14 PM   #10
bookem

Sorry to hear about your loss. It seems like dogs and trucks are like America and apple pie, they just go together.
Attached Images