The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #151
Terrick down Under

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

Things work, when they want to. Did you keep details for the thermostat spacer?
Looks good.
Terrick down Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 AM   #152
fredscarryall

I bought the spacer from summit racing. It has an o ring style gasket that goes toward the intake manifold and a flat surface at the top to mount your water neck to with a gasket. I used two 2” 3/8s bolts that were the perfect length to go into the intake without going to deep. I put in a high flow 180 degree thermostat that the spacer fit right on top of with no clearance problem. The spacer has 2 open 3/8 npt threaded ports. I Plugged one off. But I may use it later. I really don’t like using spacers. But I have no choice. There are only three water ports for senders on the entire motor. One On the intake for the ecm. One for the temp sender to the gauge on the drivers head and one on the passanger head for the auxillary fan. I bought the dual fan relay kit off summit and it came with one 170 off 185 on 3/8 npt thread sensor. Then just bought a electric fan toggle switch to mount on the center console I built. So if want to run the fans when the truck is off or when I want the fans to run at a different time the the temp sender allows.
Attached Images

Last edited by fredscarryall; Yesterday at 03:40 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:00 AM   #153
fredscarryall

I didnít like the circuit breakers for the 2 hot wires that came with the summit fan relay kit. Circuit breakers suck when your out somewhere and your fans stop working and you donít have a test light. So I bought two 10 gauge fused wires with 40 amp fuses.
Attached Images

fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote