The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #1
Gotenntitans

1990 GMC wheels question

Everything still stock except for new 275 60R15 tires. Son wants to spend Christmas money on some Torque Thrusts or Cragar SS. What backspace should we look for and will 15x10 fit all around or should we go with 15x8? Comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
daveklein

Re: 1990 GMC wheels question

Don't know about backspace thing...Just wanted to say what a GREAT looking truck you have....1990 White,reg. cab, stepside...It doesn't get any better than that!!!!!! What motor and trans do you have ?? I settled and have a 95 extracab!!!! Wanna trade ???? Ha!!
Dave in Fl.
daveklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
Kudzupatch

Take a few measurements and get the answer you need.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...=30mm&scl=50mm
Kudzupatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #4
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveklein View Post
Don't know about backspace thing...Just wanted to say what a GREAT looking truck you have....1990 White,reg. cab, stepside...It doesn't get any better than that!!!!!! What motor and trans do you have ?? I settled and have a 95 extracab!!!! Wanna trade ???? Ha!!
Dave in Fl.
Thanks for the complements. My dad taught high school for 33 years and this truck was bought brand new for one of his 16 year old students by the kid's mother just as soon as the 90 models started rolling off the line. By the time the kid graduated, he had to have an upgrade for college so Dad bought it from them in the Spring of 1991.

It's been babied its entire life until he gave it to my son about a year and a half ago. Since then, it's been rolling daily. Still looks good, though, but up close you can tell it's not new anymore. Just a very clean 27 year old truck, in my opinion. I enjoy driving it when I get a chance, which is not very often. My son plays football and gets to the Friday night games early so he can park right up front at the field house right in plain sight of the stadium. Show off!

It's got the original 350 with 119K on it. Not sure about the transmission and rear end, but we were told it had the "highway" driving package so it would get better gas mileage. "The Milk Cow" has given us absolutely ZERO trouble and gets looks everywhere it goes.

He took it to the local tire & wheel shop this week and the owner helped him order some 15x8 chrome Torq Thrust II's. I'll post a before and after pic next week when we get them on. Looking forward to seeing it with the new look. GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote