The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #26
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: I hate snow.

Tim ,,where did you live in California when you were there ? Our son lives in Los Olivos and he has some pretty impressive year around weather.. no snow and 285 days a year sunshne .. highest temp 92 and lowest 38 ..but this year he says it has been raining a lot .
Old 03-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

I lived in Fortuna in Humboldt Co. It's just north of the Eel River and Scotia, south of King Salmon, and inland from Ferndale. It was a wonderful place to be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortuna,_California

Name:  Fortuna,_California,_Main_St.,_1940s.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  40.2 KB

Here's a great song for all the snow haters

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #28
GOPAPA

Idaho is the fastest growing state now for the at least 2 years.. and the most of them who are moving here are from Calfornia ,,not from where you lived Tim ..,,mostly down south in California ,, Just way to expensive to live there for so many..

We came here in 2012 ,, to be closer to Denver where our daughter did live ,,now she is even closer ,,about a mile away.. Our son was not married when we moved here,, now ,he is and lives in California in a great area .. Los Olivos..
The wife and I moved to Idaho to get out of the rain .. hotter here in the summer keeps one in air condition ,,but over all we like it pretty well..
Old 03-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Yeah, Idaho is a great place. Even the flat land is at a decent elevation. It's one of my favorite states and one reason I named my construction company Clearwater Const. back in '82, after an area in Northern Idaho that is heaven on earth to me. My sister lived in Idaho Falls for years, since the early-90s and is now up in the Targhee area. She and her boyfriend keep bugging me to move out there. They are fixing up a house and have tried a couple times to pay my way for a working vacation a couple times, but something always gets in the way. It's a kinda far-fetched thing to do when you're self employed. Gotta keep things rolling right here or end up with a dead spot to run you broke. I may get out there this year, though. It's not that I wouldn't love it! Her boyfriend is from Newport Beach, CA... btw

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #30
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah, Idaho is a great place. Even the flat land is at a decent elevation. It's one of my favorite states and one reason I named my construction company Clearwater Const. back in '82, after an area in Northern Idaho that is heaven on earth to me. My sister lived in Idaho Falls for years, since the early-90s and is now up in the Targhee area. She and her boyfriend keep bugging me to move out there. They are fixing up a house and have tried a couple times to pay my way for a working vacation a couple times, but something always gets in the way. It's a kinda far-fetched thing to do when you're self employed. Gotta keep things rolling right here or end up with a dead spot to run you broke. I may get out there this year, though. It's not that I wouldn't love it! Her boyfriend is from Newport Beach, CA... btw
Well, beings we are mostly talking about snow ,, I will add this to our chat.. Idaho Falls is Cold and Windy and also Cold and Windy,,,my uncle and aunt had a basement house because of it. had just a door way built above ground and it opened up into a stairwell that took you down into their house ,,must of had a cement flat roof on it . I have cousins there yet and they are into house remodeling .. there is so much house building going on here that all the camping areas are full with people waiting to buy a house or have one built .. lots of your kind of work is my guess all over Idaho ..populated areas the most.. I rented a cabin up in what is called Island Park a few years back and it is really nice country there .. I think it is considered Targhee area. I bet they get some snow there. If I wasn't so darn old I would have a hay-day taking on remodeling jobs around here.. I do miss it .
Old 03-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #31
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I spent one winter in Idaho Falls, ID and one winter in Gooding, ID back in the mid-70s. Never went back. That -something with a wind chill to -60F was enough for me.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #32
GOPAPA

Smile Re: I hate snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I spent one winter in Idaho Falls, ID and one winter in Gooding, ID back in the mid-70s. Never went back. That -something with a wind chill to -60F was enough for me.

Steve ,,I can tell everyone on here that you will not trade Semi Valley for Idaho Falls.. our son lived in your town and also T.O. and both are nice weather places .. I helped him remodel his home in T.O , so I was there quite awhile and I experienced the temperature for some time .. He is getting extra rain this year in Los Olivos where he lives now and maybe you are two.. but Hey! there is a weather changing thing going on all over I think ,,except for here around BOISE.. ha ha
Old 03-10-2019, 11:29 PM   #33
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Steve ,,I can tell everyone on here that you will not trade Semi Valley for Idaho Falls.. our son lived in your town and also T.O. and both are nice weather places .. I helped him remodel his home in T.O , so I was there quite awhile and I experienced the temperature for some time .. He is getting extra rain this year in Los Olivos where he lives now and maybe you are two.. but Hey! there is a weather changing thing going on all over I think ,,except for here around BOISE.. ha ha
Actually, I wouldn't mind moving out of here. Not sure where I would go, but it was 117F in the shade here for a few days last August. And yeah, it's been raining cats and dogs here. Good thing, too, we need it. Los Olivos- that's somewhere between where I'm at and Lone Pine, right? My FiL was driving the truck I now have around there when the fuel pump failed. He and his wife used to take one son at a time (I have three) camping for a week at Aberdeen, in the summer. He sent one of my sons hitch-hiking (with one water bottle!) back to the next town to get a tow truck. Fortunately some elderly couple picked him up, as opposed to some Ted Bundy wannabe! It cost my FiL about $250 for the tow. That would have been in the late '90s. I personally would never have sent one of my sons down the road to get help along that (ANY) highway. But I was at work when it happened, and only found out later.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 PM   #34
shp4man

San Diego, normally known for 70 degrees and sunny, has been a raining sum***** this winter.
The countryside looks like Ireland with all the green from the rains this year.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:52 PM   #35
franken

I love snow. I just want to visit it rather than it visiting me.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

I could be wrong, but I feel snow may be out of my conversations here till next year. No, you really never know. But as long as things are normal (wuzzat?) that's how it seems. Last week was way below avg temps and they said the first 10 days this month would be. Days are longer, time changed, it's time for spring!

Tim

Old 03-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #37
special-K
Special Order

I thought of another song.

Tim

Old 03-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #38
powerdriver

I have had enough snow . Work for a school bus company now as the lead wrench .So when I hear stuck on the radio I have to go get them out . I'm Getting to old for this sssssnow .
Attached Images

powerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:09 AM   #39
special-K
Special Order

That would be a pain. Here in MD they call it off or delay very enthusiastically. And even more so about clearing roads and even preventing much of it with this doggone devil's piss they drizzle ahead... like 2 or 3 days ahead!

I always think about all mechanics in the winter having to take vehicles into the shop with frozen slush melting off the bottoms. I would hate that. Just being a self-mechanic I can wait till a better day or at least let it melt off first.

I just saw a headline on my news site that says a blizzard is coming to the mid-west. Not sure where, say the video isn't available right now

Tim

Old 03-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #40
dan42

Winter's pretty much done here on the Central California coast. We had some great rains, but the reservoirs are full, the poppys are starting to bloom, and the hills are going to explode with color soon. I lived in northern Utah for years and it would get to April, and still the weather would be cold and snowy - it would really make me mad, because you almost feel as if you got cheated out of some warm weather that you are allotted every year. The clock for winter starts ticking again as soon as it fades away; I always had the feeling in the back of my mind that most of the good stuff you enjoyed was in the summer. Yes, taxes and politics are horrible here. All my family has moved out of state. But the weather; ah, the weather...
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #41
72c20customcamper

81° in key largo with a great view
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 03-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #42
special-K
Special Order

I was going to say in my last post, snow is likely far from your mind at this point. Well, I let my wood stove go out a couple days ago. So hopefully when you return you will find the easy life in NY state has begun. I just brought home a load of mulch today. I have had some calls for exterior remodel work coming in. It's getting to feel a lot like Chris... I mean Spring!

Tim