The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
ettsn

RCSB - Pictures

Okay, I admit it. I love RCSB (regular cab, short bed) trucks. Maybe it's growing up in the 70s and 80s when pretty all trucks were regular cabs, but to me, they just look 'right'.

I wish Chevy would make the dang Cheyenne already!

So, whatcha got? Drop, stock, lift, Chevy, GMC... let's post those RCSB!
ettsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
brassknuckles

Re: RCSB - Pictures

Wish I had better pictures...... next time
Attached Images

brassknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
ettsn

Love your truck, brass!
ettsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #4
brassknuckles

Thanks. I'll take some better pics to post. It's a 2011 Sierra, full load, debadged, lowered 6/5. I recently had some pinstriping added, and put a smaller tire up front to give it a rubber rake. Truck is fun to drive, should hold me over until I put my 61 Chevy short fleet back on the road.
brassknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

2011 gmc
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #6
Tomo

My first truck was a 99 rcsb. Victory red with a 5.3. I put 2" drop shackles in the back and 20s with the tallest fattest rubber I could fit. I miss that truck. If I didn't have a family to haul around I would still have a rcsb but now I'm a crew cab guy!
Attached Images

Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
_AJ_

Here's my RCSB. It started life as a RCLB 2500 duramax, some cutting here and welding there...and now it's this.
_AJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #8
Chevyc10572

2008 Silverado on trailblazer ss wheels. The engine is a 4.8 v8
Attached Images

Chevyc10572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #9
50bomb

My 2013 silverado.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2016, 09:38 PM   #10
50bomb

This thread is dead but ima keep postin my taildragger.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #11
drmatera

Just picked up this ‘18 RCSB 5.3
Attached Images

drmatera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

These are shortbeds, or SWBs. I don't play that RCSB bullcrap. It's just a cab and everything else needs a description because they are an alteration of what a cab has always been. I also don't play the "fullsize" BS. These are trucks and anything smaller has a name to tell it from the original size. I see calling them fullsize as coming from a mini truck perspective. There are trucks and there are downsized trucks. There are cabs and there are extended cabs and crewcabs. These are plain and simple shortbed trucks, same as always. Look the best, same as always.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

I guess since I came here with my old school truck guy rant I should also post a picture. I just have a personal attitude about what adding extended can shortbeds to the line-up has done to trucks being my lifestyle. I saw it all coming and now here we are. Even in '92 when I wanted to buy a new truck, all you s on the lot were what I call cars without a trunk lid (which many remedy with a bed cover to regain the trunk space they need. I had to order what I needed. It's hard to find a used later model truck around here (or online) that isn't an ext or crew cab. Even when I search for "regular cab" I get ext cabs because THAT is what is "regular" these days. I hit "2 doors" and still get ext cabs. I'd like to find an '03 or later shortbed and t isn't all that easy.

Here's a 2016. When do you ever see one like this on the lot, new or used? It's the mfgrs acting on what they perceive the public as wanting and their need to sell more more more keeps them from realizing all they'd need to do is put a few on the lots and they would sell more more more of these!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #14
Matt Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I guess since I came here with my old school truck guy rant I should also post a picture. I just have a personal attitude about what adding extended can shortbeds to the line-up has done to trucks being my lifestyle. I saw it all coming and now here we are. Even in '92 when I wanted to buy a new truck, all you s on the lot were what I call cars without a trunk lid (which many remedy with a bed cover to regain the trunk space they need. I had to order what I needed. It's hard to find a used later model truck around here (or online) that isn't an ext or crew cab. Even when I search for "regular cab" I get ext cabs because THAT is what is "regular" these days. I hit "2 doors" and still get ext cabs. I'd like to find an '03 or later shortbed and t isn't all that easy.

Here's a 2016. When do you ever see one like this on the lot, new or used? It's the mfgrs acting on what they perceive the public as wanting and their need to sell more more more keeps them from realizing all they'd need to do is put a few on the lots and they would sell more more more of these!
I can't tell you how many times I have gone to the local dealer for service and I always walk the truck section to find a truck just like you pictured and they always sell for over 30,000 which is nuts! The problem is that they heavily discount extended cabs and especially crew cabs so a lot of people would not buy "less" of a truck for more. I have often seen a crew cab with mid level trim level sell for less than a regular cab, at least at my local dealers. This and a truck market that has majorly changed in the past two decades is why you hardly see any regular cab trucks. Eventually, you will have to pull a six figure income to afford one at the rate they're going.

Every time I go to my dealer the same clown act comes up to me and sees my 81 and asks "are you ready to trade up?" I tell him "trading up" shouldn't involve losing a limb to pay for a new WORK TRUCK. I admit though, the new trucks are VERY nice and don't compare to the old trucks imo.

I would love to own this truck but for 40,000+ I will keep upgrading and fix my 81 and 67.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1523203199
Attached Images

2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #15
Rich916

Yeah, same problem RCSB are not going to be on "the lot".
Find a dealer that does Fleet sales. General public is not interested in the base model truck. Lots to chose from in fleet sales. Chevy has W/T line that you can order from.

Picked up this 2017 overstock for a descent price. Upgraded to a 180 amp alternator and upgraded tow package. Did a spray in bed liner and weather tech floor mats and put her to work!
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

That's all I want. I'd be happy with a base level W/T. I hear ya on the pricing to sway sales. And that's because they produce multiples more space added cabs than regular. I think Toyota has or will be dropping the "normal" cab. Th ECSB has become the suburban young family's car and this is what the market demands. I'm not big on newer vehicles. Being a true enthusiast of old stuff, that is where my interests and efforts lie and a newer vehicle is an adequate necessity to put the miles on. I can't afford to sink big bucks into everything I buy, so mine go to my cool old stuff. A few subtle changes, such as most I've seen here, is all I'd do to make it mine.

The second and third are '03s, but I was looking at either this one or a red one done the same not long ago, but it was sold when I inquired. Did Chevy build any like this or were they all ext cab? That's all I've ever seen. Kinda like a 4dr Porche in my mind. This is just right for looks, handling, and less weight...what I'd expect in a soprt vehicle
Attached Images

Tim

Old 05-04-2018, 11:04 PM   #17
misfits

Here is my 2011 W/T 4wd short bed. Factory power locks and windows aluminum rims dunno how common they are on a W/T but there they are. Found this at a local used dealership a couple years ago. I think it looks better without the cap but I collect pinball machines now so the cap is a must for all weather transport of games.
Attached Images

misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #18
LEEVON

Well, I have been a pretty die hard RCSB guy. Lost count of how many I've owned, but I gotta tell you this one has been disappointing. The cab is very cramped, seating position is so upright my neck hurts, and the pedals are high off the floor so my knee hurts...to be clear I'm 6-3" but I don't have this problem in other regular cabs. It's like they shrunk the cab. 1-2" more would make a world of difference. On top of that the truck has a terrible highway vibration that GM is slowly acknowledging is widespread and very bad and my local dealer is not really interested in helping with it. Also, it seems all of this crazy fuel economy stuff has done nothing to actually improve mileage. Direct Injection, VVT, DOD, 6 speed transmission, and countless other devices that add major costs to both the sticker price and lifetime maintenance net me a whopping 16mpg going easy on the pedal. I mean heck I have managed 15-16 in literally every old truck I've owned.

It does have great looks and some cool features but I can't get over the lack of room. Good thing I still have the older ones! After six months of ownership it's for sale.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 05-05-2018 at 10:53 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #19
50bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Well, I have been a pretty die hard RCSB guy. Lost count of how many I've owned, but I gotta tell you this one has been disappointing. The cab is very cramped, seating position is so upright my neck hurts, and the pedals are high off the floor so my knee hurts...to be clear I'm 6-3" but I don't have this problem in other regular cabs. It's like they shrunk the cab. 1-2" more would make a world of difference. On top of that the truck has a terrible highway vibration that GM is slowly acknowledging is widespread and very bad and my local dealer is not really interested in helping with it. Also, it seems all of this crazy fuel economy stuff has done nothing to actually improve mileage. Direct Injection, VVT, DOD, 6 speed transmission, and countless other devices that add major costs to both the sticker price and lifetime maintenance net me a whopping 16mpg going easy on the pedal. I mean heck I have managed 15-16 in literally every old truck I've owned.

It does have great looks and some cool features but I can't get over the lack of room. Good thing I still have the older ones! After six months of ownership it's for sale.
Yea One thing I don’t like is the seats they feel uncomfortable. I’m only 5’8 so I’m feeling good about room space. I am a 60-66 Chevy truck guy at heart but I love this 13 Silverado rcsb/nnbs. Most people hate because it’s a v6 but I dig it. I’m a cruiser over speed but it will still boogy down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

50bomb is offline   Reply With Quote