The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
USA82C10

1982 C10 Manual column shift

Hello all,

I have a 1982 C10, 2WD, with a three on the tree. Is there a way to purchase a rebuild/new column? I've read plenty that you would have to buy parts and repair as needed. I've scanned ebay, forums, and nothing really has turned up much.

If there is a thread regarding this, please inform me with the link so that I won't be an annoyance with a repeated question.

Thanks for the help.
USA82C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
RJswanee

Re: 1982 C10 Manual column shift

Bump.

We have an '82 C10 I-6 three-on-the-tree that was converted to floor. By "converted", I mean jimmy-rigged all to hell by someone who is *not* a mechanic. I can ask for details, but honestly I wouldn't recommend whatever was done to this truck. I'm also interested in what's out there for conversion kits so we can pretty it up a little.

Also, the transmission needs replaced, and I'm hoping for a little direction on where to find one. We've been looking for a few years now, and everywhere that even has the three-speed manual tranny says it's on back order, and finding a parts truck around us is out of the question - there aren't any in NorCal, and bringing in an out-of-state truck to cannibalize isn't worth the DMV hassle.

Danke!
RJswanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
Bandit130

Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice
Bandit130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

best thing to do is look on ebay or cragslist for columns they pop up from time to time.. any good rebuilder shop can rebuild the transmission.. stop by hot rod shops in your area motor rebuilders sometimes do manual transmissions start using your yellow pages
this cannot turn into a WTB thread and im watching

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote