The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2018, 01:05 AM   #1
msg

Need help with 66 Fawn interior color

Im nearing the point where I can paint the interior of my 66 and I want to get the original fawn color. Im new to painting and before i step into the PPG store next week and try to get a close match I tried a search on this site and got this from the astronaut but there is some tweaking and somethings I just dont understand. I do want it to not have a gloss and more of that sheen he is talking about so there isnt as much of a glare when the sun hits the dash. Can anyone recommend to someone new to painting how to achieve this at a PPG store, knowing what to order? And how much paint to order as well for the interior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
The color is 2003 Nissan Sunlit Sand, code EVO. We did tint it slightly "browner" to get a better match to the original Fawn Poly. It's Spies Hecker basecoat reduced 50%, then added 15% hardener to the total volume. No clear was sprayed over it; this way it has the correct color and sheen, and the hardener helps with durability.