The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #11
jocko

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

thanks for the kind words. it has a little rust, but the faded paint is kinda growing on me. It's not original, was repainted in 84, so still older than most trucks. It was redone in solid dark olive rather than the 557 with med olive top. 557 is one of the main reasons I was interested, one of my favorite paint combos. Not sure wheels are original, most had 16.5s and these are 16s (and I'm glad!). The caps, been saving them for quite some time for just the right truck to stick em on. Really want to do a frame off, and will someday, but planning to make it a second string driver for me and my wife's daily drivers - whichever one dies first. My 01 had about 240K mi, but still going very strong - it's been babied since new and kept up, so am hoping for many, many more miles. My wife's dd truck has about 200k on it, so it's a race to the graveyard. But, realistically, it's nice to have a back up when one of ours ends up in the shop for something - and that happens a bit more frequently with that many miles on em. Regardless, this is the truck I've been looking for for some time now. There are a very few minor things I wish it had (cab lights.. Custom Camper nameplate...) but very happy with what it is and don't plan to change it. Gonna enjoy driving it for now. Needs lots of work but will be drivable soon. Eventually, all the warts will get to me and I'll tear it apart.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote