The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Econman

What's the value of this?

1969 C20 GMC with 70,002 original miles, a/c equipped. Hasn't been registered since 1985. Missing title. Not sure yet if the engine will turn over.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Econman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
BCOWANWHEELS

Re: What's the value of this?

no title not much and the risk of legal cost...............
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
Econman

This truck was acquired via a bankruptcy auction. It was in a barn on the farm that was auctioned.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
WorkinLonghorn

I like it. If you can get it registered you have yourself a project.

33 years is a long time to be sitting though. I would figure on a rebuild for the trans due to hardened seals etc. The engine might be OK if you follow the correct procedure to get it spinning, new valve seals, crank seals, master cylinder, slave cylinders etc. I would take it on if I could just lose 33 years myself. -BA

Oh, what's it worth....Hmmm, Bcowanwheels is right IMO. How much are those parts worth?
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
Econman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn View Post
I like it. If you can get it registered you have yourself a project.

33 years is a long time to be sitting though. I would figure on a rebuild for the trans due to hardened seals etc. The engine might be OK if you follow the correct procedure to get it spinning, new valve seals, crank seals, master cylinder, slave cylinders etc. I would take it on if I could just lose 33 years myself. -BA

Oh, what's it worth....Hmmm, Bcowanwheels is right IMO. How much are those parts worth?
My buddy is bottoming out at $1,000 for the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #6
Coley

Make a couple of phone calls to find out what it takes and what you need to get a title.
Simple task, worth the effort.

Option/Value 1:
$1000-$1500 No title, not running but all complete and original....assuming that a title could be obtained with some minor effort and paperwork and the engine was 'free' and would turn over.

Option/Value 2:
If it had a title and was running ok that would be a $3500-$5000 truck if it ran well and didn't have too much rust...and the a/c worked.
ie: you could drive it away...at least a short distance.

Option/Value 3:
NO way in the history of the world to get a title and ever legally put it back on the road.....makes it a parts truck....probably $500.

My two bits.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
Coley

Make a couple of phone calls to find out what it takes and what you need to get a title.
Simple task, worth the effort.

Option/Value 1:
$1000-$1500 No title, not running but all complete and original....assuming that a title could be obtained with some minor effort and paperwork and the engine was 'free' and would turn over.

Option/Value 2:
If it had a title and was running ok that would be a $3500-$5000 truck if it ran well and didn't have too much rust...and the a/c worked.
ie: you could drive it away...at least a short distance.

Option/Value 3:
NO way in the history of the world to get a title and ever legally put it back on the road.....makes it a parts truck....probably $500.

Now, if your interest is purely flipping it.....offer $750.....just guessing here.
A lot of guys wouldn't even wash it, clean it up or clean out the inside before reposting it....so they get the hillbilly value number, lol

My two bits.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #8
truckster

Check with your state DMV. Even parting it out could cause you big headaches if someone else can make a legal claim on it.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:38 PM   #9
Grumpy old man

Take the tag / old registration and picture of the vin plate to DMV , The auction company is responsible to show clear title / release of lien paper work or they can't legally auction it off , Knoxville is pretty easy to deal with to get clear title .

I see $3,000.00 worth of parts sitting there .
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #10
Econman

I'll stop by the DMV and ask what would be required to get one.

However, I'm more inclined to put the onus of applying for a new title on its current owner and buying it once he has one in hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econman View Post
I'll stop by the DMV and ask what would be required to get one.

However, I'm more inclined to put the onus of applying for a new title on its current owner and buying it once he has one in hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
With a title it's worth a lot more than 1k .I'd be calling the auction company they may just have the title .
Old 07-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #12
Econman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
With a title it's worth a lot more than 1k .
He may want $2,000 after he'd have one... Duly noted.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #13
jocko

If you want it to drive, I'd let seller sort out the title and don't go a dime over his current bottom dollar. He should've taken care of it before selling - not your problem. At least you know what HE thinks it's worth. If he won't resolve the title issue FOR you and you want to drive it, I'd walk away, it's just too much of a hassle and there are other fish in the sea. Then again, I'm used to CA and TX DMV buffoonery, maybe it's easier in TN.

If you just want the parts, make sure it's not stolen, $1K is ok.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:01 AM   #14
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Calif they pay 5000.00.Cus its a 1968 with a AC cab looks to be a big block 396 And its all complete All you need to do here is do a lien sale for 30 days that's 80 125.00 here in Calif
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:06 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

What is it worth or what is it worth compared to other truck prices these days? $1,000 by it's worth and $5,000 by what others sell for. It's nicer than many I see going for more.

Title isn't a problem. I've do the research and take that on myself. With titles will pput the price as well as number of takers higher.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #16
NoNeck

Quote:
Take the tag / old registration and picture of the vin plate to DMV , The auction company is responsible to show clear title / release of lien paper work or they can't legally auction it off , Knoxville is pretty easy to deal with to get clear title .
X2 on what Grumpy said.

Without a title you will need a bill of sale from the current seller. It would help to have a tag receipt and/or the last registered tag for the truck. Make sure the bill of sale VIN matches the VIN Plate in the door jam.

Take any and all paper work to the DMV and explain the circumstances of the purchase. When you tell them you purchased it for $1000 they will automatically make you provide photos that indicate it's not worth $8500 as their book shows.

They will then give you some paper work to fill out and they schedule a time for a Law Officer to come out and confirm that the truck matches the VIN shown in the paperwork. If the truck checks out as not being stolen, he then signs off on the DMV forms, you pick up your new title and you are on your way.

Simple...

POP

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #17
OldBlue70C10

Depends on the law in Tennessee, that looks like where you are from. Here in Alabama, anything before 1975 I think, you don't need a title, just a bill of sale to get it registered.
OldBlue70C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I'm surprised this post made it this long. You must be a board supporting member to ask what it's worth, For Sale, wanted to buy questions. A lot of long time members commenting too.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #19
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
I'm surprised this post made it this long. You must be a board supporting member to ask what it's worth, For Sale, wanted to buy questions. A lot of long time members commenting too.
Yep, the man asked a question and the good people here did their best to answer it.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #20
Econman

Quote:
I appreciate the positive responses provided. Valuable input..

I.E. Was helpful that someone pointed out what looks to be a 396, because at first glance, I didn't see that. I haven't seen the truck in person.. just pics. Merely wanted to see if anyone was of the opinion that it was worth bothering with..
Old 07-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #21
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econman View Post
I appreciate the positive responses provided. Valuable input..

I.E. Was helpful that someone pointed out what looks to be a 396, because at first glance, I didn't see that. I haven't seen the truck in person.. just pics. Merely wanted to see if anyone was of the opinion that it was worth bothering with..
If you decide not to pursue it let me know where it is
Old 07-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #22
plowro8

Quote:
Same here. I asked what my truck was worth a few weeks ago and someone took the post down quicker than lickity split! Lucky for Econman he has gotten some info... they got to my post before I learned much of anything.
plowro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #23
4carbcorvair

Anything here in Maine 1994 and older doesn't require a title. No title would not effect value here.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #24
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowro8 View Post
Same here. I asked what my truck was worth a few weeks ago and someone took the post down quicker than lickity split! Lucky for Econman he has gotten some info... they got to my post before I learned much of anything.
That’s because you asked what YOUR truck was worth, which you need to be a subscribing member to do. This member is asking what a truck is worth that he does NOT own and is thinking of purchasing, which is allowed by non-subscribing members.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #25
plowro8

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
That’s because you asked what YOUR truck was worth, which you need to be a subscribing member to do. This member is asking what a truck is worth that he does NOT own and is thinking of purchasing, which is allowed by non-subscribing members.
I was asking about my truck, but I didn't indicate it was my truck in the post. Either way, it's cool... rules are rules.
plowro8 is offline   Reply With Quote