The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2004, 12:24 AM   #76
loweredd
www.loweredd.com

Awesome! I cant wait to get my Corvette engine here.
loweredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:30 AM   #77
loweredd
www.loweredd.com

What did you guys do for the power steering pump? Dont the LT1 cars have rack and peanut steering, or remote rezies?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:49 AM   #78
minibike

I used the remote reservoir and the pump from the camaro. I flared the tubing coming from the pump and flared the end of a truck hose/tube and mated them together. Works fine. Mounted the reservoir on the inner fender with some aluminum brackets.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:54 AM   #79
minibike

Pic...
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #80
minibike

Another
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #81
loweredd
www.loweredd.com

Awesome!! Now, how about the waterpump hoses?
Old 03-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #82
jay-dawg
chevelito

Looks like it's coming along great. did you update your website?

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #83
jay-dawg
chevelito

got another question. I found a guy locally selling his slp headers for a 92-96 corvette. will it fit my truck? I searched the slp website and it also lists the headers for street rod applications.

Here's the link:

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=30056

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 03-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #84
minibike

I used one of the camaro hoses...I may have used both. I remember having to shorten one of them, though. Website is updated. The truck is done, with the exception of AC.. I have been driving it. The LT1 has good power.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 AM   #85
wdz28ss

I miss driving mine......really need to get back to working on it so I can be rollin' this summer once again.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #86
lock
Insert funny comment.

Anyone have a picture comparing the V8 mounting brackets to the V6 mounting brackets? Im trying to mock up my LT1 and I cant get it to sit straight. At first I had my brackets on the wrong side, swapped them but I still have the same problem. Im using the mounting holes closest to the firewall which I believe is the V6 location. I did notice the that the 67-72 motor mounts end up reversed on the LT1 motor. The drivers side mounts with the 2 bolt hole locations on top and 1 on bottom. The passenger side has the 2 bolts holes on the bottom and 1 on top.

Banging my head hard trying to get this motor in.

-My Build Thread...

-68 C10, LT1 - Undergoing Frame off resto
-86 IROC-Z T72 turbo 355, M6
-70 Camaro

http://www.iroc-ss.com
lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:41 AM   #87
Wootdog

Give me till the am. I have a LT1 in my truck with it bolted/mounted and running. I will take some pictures if that if that is is what you require. Sorry I did not look through all the comments. I can give you the location and hopefully even give you the correct location.And if Randy70C10 comes around I can even give you some pics. Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:00 AM   #88
jay-dawg
chevelito

Bringing up an old thread...

I just bought an a/c delete bracket off of ebay. Hopefully it will fix the a/c - frame problem. We'll see when I bolt it on.

Here's a pic.
Attached Images

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 06-13-2005, 04:20 AM   #89
jay-dawg
chevelito

Well, after installing the A/C delete plate last month, I finally have updated pics. I still had to notch the frame for clearance, but not as much as others have done. Here's some pics. I'm saving for a under bed gas tank so it will take me awhile to see if the notch is big enough.

Jay
Attached Images

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 05-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #90
Sgt.Booya

Re: beating this question to death! LT1/4L60E

Jay-Dawg,

How's it going with this project? I'm up to the A/C delete. Have you do anything more since your last post on 13 Jun 05? Did you get the harness,computer, fuel system, P/S hooked up?

The suspence is killing me

Here's a link to your original post.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=52057

I'm using this post as a template for what I hope to do with mine so if you have an update (If you have time and don't mine of course) it would be really helpful.

1970 Chev C10 SWB, "250 turbo thrift"
Sgt.Booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #91
Wootdog

Talking Re: beating this question to death! LT1/4L60E

It has been awhile. I am interested in finding out what has transpired since the last time Jay has said something. My Lt-1 was roaring today when I went to Randy70C-10s house.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #92
jay-dawg
chevelito

Me too! Me too!

Well, life got in the way of progress. I moved from my cousin's house last year around October. The truck came over about 4 months later. I had to get the rolling chassis together so I can roll and steer it out of his garage and trailered it over. I got engaged and we are getting married in July. Lately, it's been wedding planning and overtime that's been eating up my spare time. I've been doing small things along the way that is mostly non-engine progress. In the little time that I had for myself, I was able to label all the wiring and find a good place to put the computer and fuse block. I bought a fuse block from a guy at ls1lt1.com. He was able to hook me up with the fuse box and also the fuel pump relay. I'm planning on doing the wiring myself with the help of a mechanic friend. Oh, and I removed the AIR pump and related accessories. It cleaned up the front of the engine alot. Did some product review searching and will probably go with the ceramic coated trick flow elbow since the one stock intake elbow I have is ripped. Followed by the MAF, then a summit cone filter.

All in all, I know what has to be done, but I think it will have to wait till after the wedding. My fiance knows I'm itching to get back to wrenching but I also know that she would want me to be with her when there's decisions to be made. Lately I've been telling her that I was debating whether to sell the LT1 and finish the truck with the 250 or keep the LT1 and progress little by little. She told me to keep the LT1 because she knows that's what I really want. She's a keeper!

Jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 05-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #93
shifty
Questionable

I feel your pain. I bought my engine/tranny around the time of your last post I spent all day tearing down the ass-end of the truck just to install a crossmember so I could put in the under-tank bed I got from FuelCellGuy

Normally I would love to work on the truck, but it seems like all the crap that is left is so tedious and things aren't going back together as easy as they came apart. I really need some help getting my front clip back on, but as it is now, the battery tray doesn't even fit right (the bolt on the inner fender don't line up w/the hole!) -

I think if I got my front end back on and bought a radiator, got my fuel lines bent, then figured out what to do with the air intake, I'd probably be firing it up quick - the wiring is the easy part.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #94
shifty
Questionable

PS - I split up w/my woman after 2½ years - lots more free time and money to work on the truck but I been drinking a lot since we split, so the truck has been on the back burner

Someone come take away my bourbon and help me with my truck!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:48 AM   #95
jay-dawg
chevelito

step away from the bourbon and get back to the truck. Working on the truck is a "zen" thing for me. I don't think about anything else when I'm in the zone.

little steps grasshopper... (I have to take my own advice).

gitrdone!

jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 05-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #96
jay-dawg
chevelito

oh...one more thing. I can easily get this thing running if I spent the bucks

Wiring Harness Redone by someone else $375
computer burn $80
Fuel Cell by FCG $600
Trick Flow intake elbow $93http://store.summitracing.com/partde...150800&FROM=MG
Summit Filter $26 http://store.summitracing.com/partde...239323&FROM=MG
Fuel Lines ?
Radiator $375
Radiator hoses ?
Trans cooler (frame rail type) ?

comes out to $1549 + miscellaneous stuff+shipping & handling lets just say $2k.

pretty soon!

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 05-21-2006, 02:01 AM   #97
shifty
Questionable

i went to this guy for my computer and harness hacking needs: www.wait4meperformance.com - it was $275 i think for both harness hack and the PCM reprogram. not much communication with the guy, but ... he did the work and i'm happy with the results. saved me SO MUCH hassle. mine is an LS1 though - but sure he does LT1, why wouldn't he?

i got the fuel cell from FCG - that's $600 with the tank and sending unit, remember that. if you go with ECE or other companies, you're gonna fork out $1200, which is just retarded.

i'm looking at a radiator for my setup, i have the stock one, but with $4000 in engine/tranny, i'm like ... why take chances? i was looking at 94-96 Impala replacement, but ... need something that can handle red coolant and i'm not sure what the hell to get that will fit. i was looking at pictures of the Impalas online today and I can't see where the cap is - I couldn't use 98-02 F-body radiator because the neck is at a 30º angle or so which screws everything all up. Not sure if a Impala radiator would fit - but doubt it would be $375.

i am not using trans cooler. i'm going T56, not sure it would help at all.

fuel lines i bought 25' of line from Summit - they gave me aluminum. it was less than $20. i got bending/cutting/flaring/double-flaring tools for around $25. i need a better bender. this is the bear - i wish there was a member near me that was experienced with bending/flaring lines so i could get them to help me.

the other bear for me is hydraulic actuator for the clutch and the fuel connections - the adapters to go from the compression fitting the LS1 rails use and convert to somethign my fuel lines will use.

i think you could get your setup done in under $1200.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:02 AM   #98
shifty
Questionable

PS - don't forget about a fuel pressure regulator and filter - the '99+ Vette fuel filter works great for both - if you need part number, i can supply. it's around $35-40

Last edited by shifty; 05-21-2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #99
Wootdog

For my setup with the LT-1/4L60E, I got a replacement radiator for a 1995 Camaro Z28. Works great. Wootdog.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #100
shifty
Questionable

hey wootdog, will that work with "red" coolant?