The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
RedRaven

Got a few questions

Hey All,

I am in Forest Grove, OR. Just outside of Hillsboro/Beaverton/Portland. I am curious if anyone knows of any good u-pull it style yards that tend to have the older (68-72 preferred) trucks and/or parts in it? I want to see if I can find a decent source for parts for when I finally decide to start pulling (Hoping to find a decent replacement for my 70 C20's transmission.... Not sure what it currently has but I think it is the 3 Spd auto and was hoping to change over to something with a decent OD to get a tad bit better gas mileage out of it if that is even possible.

Also gonna eventually need a source nearby for parts when I start putting more into it.
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: Got a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaven View Post
Hey All,

I am in Forest Grove, OR. Just outside of Hillsboro/Beaverton/Portland. I am curious if anyone knows of any good u-pull it style yards that tend to have the older (68-72 preferred) trucks and/or parts in it? I want to see if I can find a decent source for parts for when I finally decide to start pulling (Hoping to find a decent replacement for my 70 C20's transmission.... Not sure what it currently has but I think it is the 3 Spd auto and was hoping to change over to something with a decent OD to get a tad bit better gas mileage out of it if that is even possible.

Also gonna eventually need a source nearby for parts when I start putting more into it.
Send a PM to my buddy tbone1964. He spends a lot of time in Oregon, and knows where several good yards are. Not sure how close they are to your area, but he can clear that up
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
68shortfleet

Re: Got a few questions

The closest Pick-n-pull yard to you in Forest Grove is going to be on highway 99W about a mile out of Sherwood. They have a fairly consistent supply of 67-72 trucks and even more 73-87 trucks. There is also a couple of Pick-npull yards in Portland that also keep a fairly good supply of trucks. You can watch their inventory online to see when fresh inventory arrives too.
68shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote