The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
55stepside4x4

Question Industrial 350 or Tbi 350

Hey guys new to forums. thanks for taking a minute,
so I'm in the middle, of the start of my project. a couple years ago I acquired the first of one of my dream project, my 1955 stepside.
Project goals, make it a 4x4.

Things you need to know before you continue reading, I tend to ramble on PLEASE try to stay with me. Technical terms..... Not the best with it.

I purchased a 1978 k5 blazer to use as a frame and to keep engine and tranny. engine appeared to have been rebuilt at some point ... this last week we (mechanic and I) replaced the cam that went flat and it still didn't run right! It has a re built edelbrock carb put on a edelbrock intake. It just wants to fall on its face. It runs... Stays running... But just not right.

So.... I was going to take the industrial 350 out of the "85" service truck, that runs like a champ sat for years threw in some sea foam, it started right up....

How ever.... A person interested in the service truck has 1990 burb that they want to do a partial trade on, transmission in the burb only goes in first...
Plan, yank engine and transmission scrap the rest. Rebuild the 4l60 keep on hand and drop the engine in the k5, soon to be 55

What do I do?!?!

Industrial carbureted 350... Or 1990 burb Tbi 350.
Would love to hear your suggestions
1991 gmc jimmy
.... 72 vw (Nieces project car)
55stepside4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote