The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
dennislbrooks

Re: Progress on 46

Classic Parts but I am not sure if they have any more and I did not see many choices of any on the web- expensive. I am leary of the chrome quality on new aftermarket. It appears the bare steel one I got was hand made (not a stamping like factory) and fitting it to fiberglass fenders and the rest oem parts was a week's task.

On the 42 I had oem big truck frront fenders and a repaired oem grill but my problem was setting it all up on an s10 frame. I used 4 -- 2 lb spools of mig wire on the 42 but besides replacing panels I made a bed, running boards, and floor with tunnel. From my experience figure a grand on a redone workable windshield. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=709744

Probably the 42 and 46 will be all the experience I will ever have on this type of truck so I say good luck on procurring a good fixable grill or a new aftermarket. Prices for parts on these trucks have increased a lot since I started rebuilding them. Perhaps the grill you have is not beyond repair. That would be my first choice. Pot blast it and see what you have. I have a spare usable oem top grill and maybe some verticals for the bottom. Few have a usable spare bottom. Check with us if you have a need. Some of us just like these old trucks.

Last edited by dennislbrooks; 12-04-2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: words
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote