The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
sweetk30

Re: Ride quality K-trucks 1/2 vs 3/4 ... again.

off the shelf lift kit is tuff country / bds / sky jacker soft ride . 1st 2 being a toss up and bds prob a hair better .

if you have a big block or huge winch bumper or snow plow go tuff country HD option for less sag they still ride great tho . i run 3" hd front cause of my fisher snow plow .

bilstien is the hot ticket right now for ride quality of shocks .

if you want a 1 stop shop and done call these guys up . they have been specializing in leaf spring gm trucks for YEARS now . www.offroaddesign.com . they do tuff country or custom built leaf packs . they do bilstien shocks also as a upgrade . and have lots of other specific goody's to beef up these trucks .

i have both tuff country in 3" hd front and bds 8" front and 4" rear . so i am not just making random suggestions . my friends k30 we took out rough country and swapped in tuff country and he said he should have done that years ago it rode so much better . if i am doing new rear at stock height i like triangle spring brand and do 22-547 56" rears on my k30's to ride nice and still work good . then if i am working it i have timbrens on 1 and firestone air bags on the other .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.

Last edited by sweetk30; 11-29-2018 at 10:27 PM.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
jeffahart

I'm going to be trying out the tuff countrys. I put in the 4" Sky Jacker soft rides in front and complained about them bing too spongy for me. Then I installed a 120lb winch and the load seemed to calm down the sponge. I don't mind them as much now. But I will be swapping them out.

j
Old 11-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
off the shelf lift kit is tuff country / bds / sky jacker soft ride . 1st 2 being a toss up and bds prob a hair better .

if you have a big block or huge winch bumper or snow plow go tuff country HD option for less sag they still ride great tho . i run 3" hd front cause of my fisher snow plow .

bilstien is the hot ticket right now for ride quality of shocks .

if you want a 1 stop shop and done call these guys up . they have been specializing in leaf spring gm trucks for YEARS now . www.offroaddesign.com . they do tuff country or custom built leaf packs . they do bilstien shocks also as a upgrade . and have lots of other specific goody's to beef up these trucks .

i have both tuff country in 3" hd front and bds 8" front and 4" rear . so i am not just making random suggestions . my friends k30 we took out rough country and swapped in tuff country and he said he should have done that years ago it rode so much better . if i am doing new rear at stock height i like triangle spring brand and do 22-547 56" rears on my k30's to ride nice and still work good . then if i am working it i have timbrens on 1 and firestone air bags on the other .
I put Timbren bump stops on the front of one of my dodges(stock height coils). It was going to be a temporary solution to the added weight of a winch and heavy brush guard. But the bump stops worked so well I left it that way. They did a nice job going up driveways and approaches with no cargo or trailer weight.

j
Old 11-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
sweetk30

i have not had 1 customer say i dont like timbren bump stops or firestone air bags . . . they just work good .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote