The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

1998 5.7L Sierra SLE, 91k miles, TONS of xtras, loaded w/leather

SOLD!!

Thanks for looking. Truck sold locally today. I'll have a bunch of spare parts to list at a deep discount soon - brand new bumpers, fuel spider, gaskets, turn signal lever, etc.

Usual story here, "got more invested here than I'll get out of it". But hey, I had fun doing the work, I guess my loss is your gain? Would made a solid platform to build a show truck or a good daily driver for a teen who wants a project to work on. Good for up north, y'all have abundant access to good interiors and uncracked dashes, cheap!!

Gist: Pics attached (below).
  • Super low-mile 1998 Sierra SLE extended cab
  • Fully-loaded, power-everything
  • Mechanically excellent, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, RWD, runs like a dream
  • Never wrecked, all owners non-smokers, clean CarFax (can email)
  • Emissions ready, good thru 7/2020 if you're in GA
  • A/C just overhauled, new compressor, ice cold A/C!
  • Immediately starts strong and steady, every time
  • Tons of cleanup done, nagging little fixes after 21 yrs of use!

Truck is ready to drive cross-country! I'm 10-15mins from ATL airport and less than 5mins from the I-75/I-85/I-20 cross, easy access to drive anywhere. Happy to help out if you're flying in to purchase and drive home.

History: Truck is local to GA, bought just outside Atlanta, still has the sticker from original dealership in Conyers, GA on the tailgate, truck lived within 50 miles of the dealership its whole life. 3 owners to date. 1st owner used it primarily to pull his boat out of nearby lake. 2nd owner used it as a work truck for a small pond/water feature business. As 3rd owner, I occasionally drive it to work, primarily used it for landscape/hardware store runs the past 18 months while fixing things here and there. Truck is bone-stock minus the trailer hitch and stereo upgrades, no custom aftermarket mods or jury-rigged shade-tree mechanic nonsense here. It's a solid base!

Recent work done:
  • Scored and installed NOS stock 15" wheels
  • New tires (Kinergy PT) + balance & align
  • New A/C compressor + full vacuum & recharge service
  • New AC Delco Serpentine belt installed during AC overhaul
  • New Battery, w/5yr warranty (installed this month)
  • New ACDelco fuel pump w/tank pressure sensor (3-4mos old)
  • New Dorman intermediate shaft incl new rag joint
  • New ACDelco oil pressure sending unit
  • New windshield with factory tinted top strip
  • Professionally re-upholstered headliner/visors/overhead console
  • Kenwood bluetooth + hands-free stereo (I was an installer by trade for years)
  • New Speakers: Rockford Fosgate mids/tweeters in front, Alpine rear
  • New Rain-X wipers
  • New OEM-looking headlights and bulbs
  • Seafoam top-end clean
  • Transmission flush
  • Emissions Vapor Canister vent valve replaced
  • Re-sealed 3rd brake light housing
  • Re-sealed cracked seam sealer on cowl ends, cracked seam sealer above driver door corner
  • 2x New tailgate cables, also replaced hood/tailgate rubbers
  • 4x McGard wheel locks
  • New all-steel driver side exterior door handle
  • New driver side interior door handle
  • All interior lights converted to LED except gauge cluster

PO receipts show done in last 5yrs:
  • Water pump
  • Thermostat
  • NAPA radiator and hoses
  • Ignition: New spark plug wires, plugs, rotor & distributor cap (5k miles back)

Upsides: Very low mileage workhorse. NO RUST-THROUGH on frame or exterior! Truck rarely (if ever) saw salt roads or snow. No major body damage, hail damage or other crap you don't want to deal with, only stuff a home body guy could sand/bondo. Frame and undercarriage is gorgeous, bed came off easily when I replaced the fuel pump, bolts backed right out with no effort. Tons of work invested already at this point, just needs minor nagging stuff, some of which I've got parts for. Engine ran great when I bought, runs like a dream with the new fuel pump! Tracks well on road after intermediate shaft replaced, full alignment, new tires and stock wheels. You'll be hard pressed to find a more sound frame and drivetrain anywhere with this low mileage. No broken/missing plastics (minus the dash and jack box nut), sound-deadened the roof when I had the headliner and visors done, headliner, center console and visors were professionally reupholstered recently to OEM color. Only ACDelco parts were used on service - fuel pump, sensors, A/C compressor, the only aftermarket part I used so far was the new battery, which came with a 5 year warranty.

Downsides: Was a southern work truck, the interior & exterior shows it. Paint scratches, clearcoat peeling, a few dings here and there, small dent in front bumper. Interior would be awesome if leather wasn't split, belts were actually pristine, and dash wasn't cracked up (typical southeastern GMT400 issues). Truck has a matching-color dash mat to cover cracks and holes. PO allowed floor carpet underlay get wet from the (usual) 3rd brake light leak and (usual) cowl intake leak, but first thing I did was patch up the leaks, pull and clean the carpet extensively. Carpet is currently uninstalled to treat some surface rust spots on passenger floor where the carpet massback stayed moist longer than I'd have preferred. I've seen this leak issue on almost every GMT400 I've found at local junkyards and I have two dozen links to threads where others found similar leak but no joy. I planned to seal it up in the coming weeks, then reassemble the interior.
Attached Images

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 11-05-2019 at 01:33 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote