The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
Big Blue

bench seat slider tracks

Looking to purchase a set of bench seat slider tracks, I do not know what year I have now. Look at the pictures and you may be able to tell what year I need. I have one set but need another because I am putting in buckets from another vehicle. (not Chevy or GM). So I am making a seat bracket to put the seats on.

Thanks, John
Attached Images

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: bench seat slider tracks

Well I have seen a lot of tracks, but your going to have to show the whole track. But only showing what you have shown, I would say one track is a truck. The other track might be a Suburban. But there is no way of saying what year, without seeing the whole track.
In the pic, left to right:
73-76
77-80
81-87
These are all trucks. Suburbans mounts are almost indentical, except for the angle of the mount to the floor, like your 2nd pic.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
Big Blue

Thanks TKCR, I think the ones in the middle are the ones I need. 77 to 80. What are you asking for the set? Will you take Money Order?
Thank again, John

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Thanks TKCR, I think the ones in the middle are the ones I need. 77 to 80. What are you asking for the set? Will you take Money Order?
Thank again, John
Sending a PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #5
Hammered 77

TK, is there any difference in functional quality in the three set that you've seen?

Thanks
Rick
Hammered 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:03 AM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammered 77 View Post
TK, is there any difference in functional quality in the three set that you've seen?

Thanks
Rick
No, they are all function pretty much the same. The only thing you need you to be aware of, is that the tracks must match the frame of the seat, for it to bolt up. All 3 of these tracks will bolt directly to the floor of any 73-87 cab.
For an example: You cannot use 77-80 tracks on a 73-76 or even a 81-87 frame. They won't fit, or bolt up. So the tracks must match the seat frame.
If your doing modifications, like Big Blue is, it won't matter.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
Big Blue

TKCR, I will take the ones in the middle on the price you stated plus shipping. What is the Total cost then? I will send a money order, Please send your address.

Thanks Again John

Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
TKCR

Quote:
TKCR, I will take the ones in the middle on the price you stated plus shipping. What is the Total cost then? I will send a money order, Please send your address.

Thanks Again John
Sending PM for address & total cost.
The ones in the photo above, are long gone. That pic was taken awhile ago. I don't have any that have been sandblasted yet, so this is all I have available. They will need to be sandblasted, if you want then to look better.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #9
Big Blue

I'll take the one in to second picture then.
John

Old 02-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #10
TKCR

Quote:
I'll take the one in to second picture then.
John
This set? They are for the 77-80. These are the just like the second set in the pic of post #2.
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 02-10-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:30 PM   #11
Big Blue

YES, DEM BE DA ONES.
Will send out money order out tomorrow evening.

John

Old 02-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #12
Big Blue

Sent you a PM, Money order sent today.

John