The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #1
chris989

Camber

1989 v2500,

does anyone know what the factory specs for camber is for an 80's 4wd.

i have the 10 bolt and can not find the print out from the front end shop. my current measurements show i am 1.5 positive camber. (tire out at the top). this does not seam right. The only plus of pos camber is turning effort??? zero for straight and neg camber helps cornering??
chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
chris989

Ttt

Hello again,

This thread got a lot of views and no replies. I am am still chasing a ghost within my steering.

I am going to order a new PSC steering gear with a 210 T-bar in the valve. I think I have a 180 in there now making the steering very light and easy. I am hoping this will solve my constantly having to make small corrections on a straight road. All of my front end is new and the ball joints have the proper drag. The steering gear has no memory steer and I even loosened it some to test and it make no improvements.

This leads me to the Camber. My alignment is correct and set to factory specs. It has positive camber. The top of the tire it leaning outward.

Has anyone altered this? Does anyone have a alignment sheet showing negative camber? I am considering adding shims to bring this back to zero camber and test from there.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I love the truck but this is driving me nuts on highway trips.

Thanks,
Chris
chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
cadillac_al

Re: Camber

When I had my 76 aligned 8 years ago I seemed to find the specs fairly easily somewhere. My camber was off a degree or so, probably leaning positive. I didn't want to disassemble everything to shim it and make it perfect so I left it since it was like that since it was new and steered fine. At the time the shims were still available at Carquest. I love how these straight axles wear tires nice and even. I see new trucks all the time with the front tires worn in weird patterns.
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote