The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #1
3100 Chevy

Cool 1950 Chevy on a c10 frame

Hi i'm new here, thought some body might be interested in seeing me and my dads project.

This is a project that my dad started in the early 1980s when he was 16ish. First he bought one truck then a parts truck and then he went looking for a c10 rear axle but got talked into putting the whole frame under it. It involved pinching the front end and shortening it. He worked on the truck on and off for a few years but then life got in the way so he pushed it out of the garage and put it next to the parts truck. at my grandparents house. The parts truck is missing the lower 4 inches due to rust but it has all accessory chrome except for grill and a front bumper apron which i understand is hard to find. Since it has been sitting outside for 20ish years we had to redo the work he had done on the cab corners and rockers. Luckily my dad had put the doors and the rear fender that he had done the patches on in the attic. Lots of the small parts got put in a shed. The sheds roof fell in a few years ago so all the truck parts and the model t body in it had to be moved. Unfortunately my grandpa told someone to come and junk some of the parts we hadn’t moved. The body work isn’t the best but we hope to get it “done” for when I’m 18.
Plans are straight 6 my dad learned to drive on. My dad did a lot of machi9neing on in in the 80s and I think its 2 oversize’s. 5 speed from an s10 v6 and the ½ ton c10 rear end that my dad had fixed up. He also blasted and painted the frame and suspension components and re did all the bearings back in the 80s.

Don’t think I forgot anything but I probably did.

The pile of stuff has the bumper apron in it.

3100 Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote