The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Stokester

Aftermarket hardtop

Ok! I just got a 72 blazer for my 15year old daughter(lucky her)!! Question 1. Does anyone make a aftermarket hardtop? Question 2. Has anyone put truck door on a blazer(with frame attached). I am having a leak issue. New weatherstrip, gaskets and rubber. The weatherstrip/drip thing is just a poor fit. Was thinking about cutting top and putting framed doors on. These tops seem to be hard to find in good shape. Hate to cut on it and mess it up. The one I have is in ok shape but I know she will want to take off at some point!! Double wall really heavy(I hear). Don't really like the look of the soft tops or the price! First forum ever so hope I did this post correct!!
Thanks
Stokester
Posted via Mobile Device
Stokester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
briank

Re: Aftermarket hardtop

Got pictures? Not all weatherstrip is created equal. I hear you want to use precision brand or n.o.s if you can find it. Ive never seen or heard of an aftermarket hardtop,only soft top.
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #3
mtully79

Welcome to the boards! Post some pics of your blazer, you can never post too many!

No aftermarket hard tops, and the truck doors will only work if you cut the top frame. A few guys on here have done it, search the Blazer Builds forum and you should come across a few. Blazer doors come up on the For Sale forum, either on their own or as part of a blazer part-out, so that's an option as well.

Good luck with the build!
mtully79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #4
Chulisohombre

Post pics. We like pics. Lol. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Would take major work To make a truck door for with a standard hard top. You would have to rework the whole door opening in the top. It's doable but I've never personally seen it. the double wall takes about 4 strong guys to get it off. I made a pulley system in my garage that also holds it up out of the way when it's not on. There is a post on here that shows about 10 different setups if you use the search function. The only aftermarket tops made now are half tops that make the blazer like a pickup truck.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote