The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Chlsnk

Project Physcobilly <shortbed build>

I figure I might aswell start this thread by explaining the name . I'm always talking about what parts from other cars I could graf into my truck and I was told " boy by the time your done you'll have a physcobilly caddilac" (as in the johnny cash song) So thus the name stuck with me.

I've written most of this down in a note book and am just reposting it here for your enjoyment (hopefully) I listen to the radio while im workin so the song of the day comes from what got stuck in my head . (also wrote that down)
Mabey it'll ease the pain of reading through what i have to say if you can listen to what I was listening to at the time
<<<link to the mentioned song.

The truck to start is a 1984 shortbed with 355cid smallblock and 350th with stage one shift kit.

Project plans:

Floor shifter

Frenched in caddilac bullet lights for the tail lights and the light on the back of the cab (not sure of the proper name)

383 or big block down the line

Posi rear

Sport mirrors do away with big dumbos.

Flat black with gloss black flames with burgandy pinstriping.

15x 5 smoothies as front runners and 15x10 smoothie rears The smoothies will be powdercoated or painted burgandy.

Wide whitewalls ( I love big white walls!)

A stainless steel or alluminum tonnue cover like what was on DJracers truck
( http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...3&postcount=50 ) <<<< Tonnue can be seen here

Roll bar : not because its a super fast truck but jus added insurance incase of a roll over I value my life.

window tint

Mount my Chevelle buckets and a nice center console << again somewere down the line!

Shaved side marker lights and front wheel arch dropped 1.5 inches.
mini tub just too accomodate the wide rear meats.

Black carpet

have the truck sittin low on the ground not sure on the exact drop yet.

Let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Here are some pictures of cab rust .Just the normal cab corner/rocker rot.
I ordered my patch pannels from LMC truck seeing as they are a local company. (BTW some great guys work at the LMC truck city counter and always like to talk trucks with you)
My bed sides are real ruff to put it softly so repops were be accquired from Certifit (hopefully it won't end up being more like sortafit)

August 18th 2009 , Song of the day Alabama Roll on

The day before I went and picked up some better mostly rust free doors I get them both straightened out and patched up .Doors came off of a blazer ended up getting them from a bodyshop i've visted a few times were my buddy works. Sorry no pictures

August 19th 2009 Song of the day Alabama song of the south
Both doors are on the truck not real exciting and no pictures taken.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chlsnk; 08-23-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Chlsnk is offline   Reply With Quote