The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2017, 11:46 PM   #1
indymachinist

Moser diff cover & panhard bar options?

I am going to use the Moser braced differential cover on my 12 bolt and am looking for as much information and pictures on the panhard bar options as I can get.

Truck is a 68 short bed step side lowered 4&6 with CPP modular spindles and 2" Hotchkiss springs up front and a 6" Hotchkiss spring in the back.

CPP bent bar: I know I have seen a few pictures of it and it fits. It is the least expensive one I have seen, and appears to be an in stock item. Is it a good strong/solid piece?

Porterbuilt: I have seen only limited info on there "max clearance" bar. It seems like it will fit, but what is its mounting hardware like? All I saw was a couple basic pictures of the bar itself, not how it attaches to the truck. This bar is the most expensive and apparently has a 4 week lead time.

No Limit Low Roll bar: Looks like a nice kit, between the CPP and Porterbuilt bar for cost, appears to be an in stock item. I have seen several pictures of it installed and I like it, but will it fit with the Moser cover? I haven't seen any pictures of that.

I would love any insight that you guys can provide.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
BossHogg69
motor exploder

Re: Moser diff cover & panhard bar options?

I'm running the CPP bent bar with the exact same setup - Moser diff cover/Hotchkis springs/CPPspindles you have, except I'm also running an 1.5" block in the back on a short step '69. The CPP bar is nice quality and doesn't hit anything. Forget that 4 week lead time for a PB track bar!

I guess the Hotchkis track bar system won't fit? I've never seen or looked into whether it will fit with a braced diff cover or not, but the Hotchkis track bar set is pricey too...

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!

Last edited by BossHogg69; 01-30-2017 at 09:41 AM.
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
jweb

I have been researching the same thing, still haven't decided but here's a little info.

CPP: The deluxe bar will fit and the lowest price (Free shipping through Summit)

Porterbuilt: I don't think they sell one any more. It's not on their website.

No Limit: I think they give a discount to forum members and I'm guessing their customer service is far better than CPP. I also like their shock relocation kit, and I don't think it will work with the CPP bar http://nolimitengineering.com/produc...32&id=26244502

If I do go with the CPP deluxe bar, I think I will try this shock relocation kit http://www.azproperformance.com/Dead...63-72-C10.html
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #4
indymachinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb View Post
I have been researching the same thing, still haven't decided but here's a little info.

CPP: The deluxe bar will fit and the lowest price (Free shipping through Summit)

Porterbuilt: I don't think they sell one any more. It's not on their website.

No Limit: I think they give a discount to forum members and I'm guessing their customer service is far better than CPP. I also like their shock relocation kit, and I don't think it will work with the CPP bar http://nolimitengineering.com/produc...32&id=26244502

If I do go with the CPP deluxe bar, I think I will try this shock relocation kit http://www.azproperformance.com/Dead...63-72-C10.html
Porterbuilt does still sell their bar. They just don't list it on their page. You have to ask for it specifically.

Interesting about the CPP bar and no limit shock relocators not working together. Do you know why not?

Old 01-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
indymachinist

I put in a call to No Limit to ask about their bar clearing the Moser cover. They said they would send me the instructions for the bar which apparently have pretty good pictures and details so we will see if that helps.

I will report back.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
indymachinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
I'm running the CPP bent bar with the exact same setup - Moser diff cover/Hotchkis springs/CPPspindles you have, except I'm also running an 1.5" block in the back on a short step '69. The CPP bar is nice quality and doesn't hit anything. Forget that 4 week lead time for a PB track bar!

I guess the Hotchkis track bar system won't fit? I've never seen or looked into whether it will fit with a braced diff cover or not, but the Hotchkis track bar set is pricey too...
I may go for the CPP bar if the No Limit bar won't fit. (assuming the CPP bar will work with No Limit shock relocators)

Old 01-30-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
jweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
Porterbuilt does still sell their bar. They just don't list it on their page. You have to ask for it specifically.

Interesting about the CPP bar and no limit shock relocators not working together. Do you know why not?
I don't know for sure if they will work together or not. Looking at the CPP bar the trailing arm mount wraps under the arm. I guess that thin amount wouldn't make much difference, or you could shim the other side.

Sorry, sometimes I over think things.
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:34 PM   #8
indymachinist

Already got an email back from No Limit. Very quick response, I appreciate that.

Here is a picture from their panhard bar instructions they sent me.

It looks promising. I will try to measure a bit when I get home, but I think I am going to go for it.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
nds1968

Not sure if this will help http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=625569

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:56 PM   #10
indymachinist

Just ordered the No Limit shock relocators and panhard bar today. Will update this thread about the bar fitment when I get it mounted.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #11
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
Just ordered the No Limit shock relocators and panhard bar today. Will update this thread about the bar fitment when I get it mounted.
Did you get this done? I just hit this same wall with my moser diff cover. Also need to consider if it will also clear my boyds welding tank. Always something....

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #12
AZ 67 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
Did you get this done? I just hit this same wall with my moser diff cover. Also need to consider if it will also clear my boyds welding tank. Always something....
About to mount my boyds tank and see if it all clears as well. The CPP straight bar doesn't clear the cover but the bent one does. I don't see the tank being an issue but I also need to make a bracket to mount the other end of the bar to the frame. The tank has a little wiggle room back there if need be.
AZ 67 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #13
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ 67 C10 View Post
About to mount my boyds tank and see if it all clears as well. The CPP straight bar doesn't clear the cover but the bent one does. I don't see the tank being an issue but I also need to make a bracket to mount the other end of the bar to the frame. The tank has a little wiggle room back there if need be.
Never say never but I'd rather eat nails than support CPP. Checking out the options from nolimit and porterbilt. Let me know what you find out with the tank!

Old 04-03-2018, 11:04 PM   #14
BossHogg69
motor exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ 67 C10 View Post
The CPP bent bar will clear the Moser cover & the Boyd's tank. I'm running the same setup on my truck.

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #15
NC_John

I ordered the low roll panhard kit from Rob @ No Limit today. He said it would fit and just to reassure me, if worst case for some reason if it didn't, he would make me one that would. Looks pretty slick and I can add on the rest of the No Limit trailing arm kit later to really get the hind end set up right. They are shipping it out today so as we are neighbors (NC/TN), I should have it by Friday.