The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Tunnel Rams...

I am slowly very slowly gathering parts for a Muscle truck project I do not have yet. As I age into a less mature old man I desperately want a tunnel ram on this one.

Not wanting to deal with multi carbs anymore on a vehicle I intend to drive a good bit. I have thought of using fuel injection for the look, and taking away much of the hassles.

So I have two choices. Use Holley Terminator tbi's for the proper classic look. Which still have the low speed wet flow issues carbs have to some extent.

Or adapt port fuel injection with 2 throttle bodies to help maintain the classic looks. does this offer a best of both worlds or does the injector angle impede somehow. Or it is really not much or any of a upgrade from dual tbi's?
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
regan wilson

Re: Tunnel Rams...

I would call Holley. I'm sure they can help you as I'm sure it's been done before. I still run antiquated Dominators.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Tunnel Rams...

It's been done plenty of times, but it is hard to find any info on how people liked it. Or what they may now do different.

Fi-tech, Holley, and F.a.s.t all sell dummy tbi's tondo what I want. Plus all the port fuel injection stuff available I have more selection to mix, and match.

Just modifying the manifold starts about $750 with bungs, and rails. So I would like to be really sure before I sink any real money.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote