The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
RunTMCfan

Found my 1970' K5 I sold years ago

Well I sort of found it. I'm waiting on photos and the for sale link.

I belong to a San Diego fishing forum SDfish.com. For a county wide fishing site it has over 2500 users, not bad. We were all one day posting up about our favorite hot rods and what not. So of course I let em' know what I thought of this subject and slapped up my avatar photo.

A guy responds with "did you just buy that, my buddy had one with the same paint job"

If any of you recall I've said it numerous times. My 70' I bought in 1994 or so was later painted in 1996 "light autumn wood metallic." The same color I have on this 72'. Only Astro Vans at the time had this color. I like to think I revolutionized the automotive world by painting my blazer this color in 1996. Cause a ton of trucks are now Champagne or Metallic Browns of some type.

Anyway...

I proceed to explain what I remember of the sale. I lived by San Diego State and a young mechanic with his cute girlfriend showed up to buy it blah blah blah. The guy says "yeah that sounds like him." I was shocked to learn the guy still owned it 10 years later.

Today it has been confirmed. The guy I sold it to got back from hunting and in fact confirmed my story. I'm eagerly awaiting picks. I sold this thing for $6k. Today, if the rebuild was new it would be a $15-18k Blazer. I'm sure it's had some hard years. The guy even got an unused SkyJacker lift from me in the deal.

Amazing! Can't wait for Photo's. I have none and all my buddies think I'm full of crap about how nice it was except for the few guys I knew when I moved to SD.

Small World!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by RunTMCfan; 08-16-2006 at 07:50 PM.
RunTMCfan is offline   Reply With Quote