The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
0ptikal

Lightbulb What features do you guys like / want in a s-10 kit?

Hey guys I've been working on and doing Reasearch and development for the last 4 months on making a ideal s-10 kit. I've seen alot of fabricators do certain things certain ways and concepts I like and some I didn't. But the one kit I made turned into 4 and then full frames ready to put bodies on and apparently the kit is like the bastard kit no one makes. However I'm looking to see what you guys would want in a kit for your personal trucks.

To give you some background I'm a metal fabricator with a background in S-10's bagged, body dropped, performance, and custom tube chasis. As well was born into a hot rodding family and the two centerpieces of the family collection were a 48 and a 53 5 window truck. My partner is as well an enthusiest of these trucks and has a 55 series one. He's a certified welder in all 7 metal groups.
Our shops actually called Chopshop and specialize in metal work - we are equiped with all newer machines - tig, mig, arc, plasma, and cnc plasma. We're located in northern Maryland and frequent up and down the eastern seabored. As well travel to Las vegas once a year so we can deliver kits, parts and or full chasis to you alot cheaper then shipping.

Ok now down to our kits:

We build S-10 frames for AD trucks. Our mock up / test rig is a 55 series 1.

Current Frame and kit we can produce in bulk:

-Custom adjustable 4 link kit made of 1/2 thick plate and front and rear heim joints.
-Custom Watt's Link to give the best handeling.
-Rear airbag plates and mounts (set up to keep form notching the frame and leave the truck with a stock bed floor yet alow it to lay the fenders out a 0 psi)
-Template to cut front spring pockets to fit RE7 or 2600 firestone airbags. (7's and 2600's require less psi to achieve a larger lift which gives a smoother ride. As well requires less psi and a smaller tank to lift the front.)
-Or you can run RE6's or 2500 firestones and keep form cutting the spring pocket at all.
-We can supply either bag setup for the front at your discression
-Stainless Swagelock fittings and braided lines from the front bags to route through the frame to a stainless hard line which runs to your tank.
-Or DOT softline airline and quick connect fittings
-Rear RE-7 / Re-8 / 2600 / 2700lb air bags and fittings.
- 3/8's / or 1/2" line and fittings and valves - FB, or FBSS
-Transmission mount for 5 speed manual, 400 turbo, 700r4
-small block motor mounts
-Also we offer custom 3-link - or 5 -link suspensions for the rear as well.
-As well we have 1/8" thick plate cnc cut to be a direct fit for the inner frame to box it in. - line it up and weld - no cutting or trimming.
-Shock relocation kit

At this point were debating on offering different things with our kit - such as a custom core support thats already trimmed to go around the s-10 gearbox etc. But we're looking for feedback if thats something people would want - or would want to do themselves. As well any other suggestions would be greatley appriciated.

We're also working on tubular control arms right now - that will allow you ot lay out on a larger rim up to 29" diameter. it's a modded control arm with upper and lower omni joints in place of ball joints. As well this will require a minimal trans tunnel to be installed - very slight curve but we will supply it with the kit.

This kit at 0 psi will let your truck lay out all the way around
0ptikal is offline   Reply With Quote