The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #26
71'tahoe

Re: What features do you guys like / want in a s-10 kit?

There was a truck at columbus goodguys that ran an s-10 frame.I dont think he ran spacers on the wheels.Had 18x8's in the front with what looked like a 4'' back spacing and 20x10's in the rear with the same amount of spacing.Is this true cause I for one thought it looked good! I like what you are trying to do! How about this....
1) You have a basic weld on kit

2) You have a basic bolt on kit

3) You have a basic front bag kit ( which includes the RE-6/2500 firestone bags,no cutting just bolt in) These have to be comparable to all the air irde kits out there IE: suicide doors/air ride tech/and any others that advertise in the truck mags

4) You have a basic complete static drop kit with spindles/coils and blocks

5) You have the full rear air ride kit (your oun 4-links/2-links etc.) Here again these are weld on kits

6) You have a complete rear bolt on air ride kit (2-links can fit under bed and use the front leave spring hangers)

7)You have a complete front custom fab kit( that uses the bigger RE-7/ 2600 firestone bags)

8) You have a kit for the valves,tanks,compressors,and all the wiring,relays,connectors and any other small parts.

I feel the biggest problem with the suspension is that there are way to many companies out there who make products for the s series truck.That makes marketing your products hard. Reason being that the larger companies buy in huge bulk and they can knock down prices. You cant really come up with anything new for these frames. I do really like your idea about the longer control arms,how ever have you taken in the geometry of the whole suspension travel. You need to make sure your control arms wont effect the handling of these trucks. I do know most of these trucks are not going to be out there hanging curves with corvettes but if they do decide to hang it out on some curvey roads (like the road from gatlinburg to piegion forge) they are not going to suffer unforseen problems with ill handling. I'm not trieing to be a thorn in your side.I just want to make sure you have all the bases covered. Im glad some one has stepped up to the plate and is trying to make an affordable kit! I just dont want to see your products fail! Good luck!

Last edited by 71'tahoe; 03-26-2008 at 09:10 PM.
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #27
weldvair@embarqmail.

There are a some guys that just want to buy directions. You might want to add that to your list.

If you are not inclined to furnish that I might just offer directions myself to help the guys out.
weldvair@embarqmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #28
XtremeBowtie

What ever happened to these kits?
XtremeBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote