The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Help with Frt. disc hose

Here is my 68 LB with a -~'`*?- disc conversion, The brake hose pictured is some thing I can't find in the parts houses with that short curve to it and its too long any way, PO didn't think this one out very far, He has put newer spindles & calipers on that what I have found out with the #'s 15649947 L & 15649948 R is from 92-02 chevy/gmc 5 lug trucks, One forum post (not here) also says there 96 Tahoe spindles, SO far my biggest problem is finding the hoses, Can any hose be used with using a 3 sided fitting going to the caliper mounting point like both pic.s show, Really spaced out here on this one, I know a Disc brake conversion kit will salve this but it a Salvaged Title and the DMV is making me jump through hoops with a Brake & Lite Certificate Inspection leaving my wallet pretty thin at the moment. Conversion kit will come later but for now just the hose fix will be good for now. Thanks, mjgord51
Attached Images

mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
PGSigns

Re: Help with Frt. disc hose

A cruise through this thread will help you a lot.http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823 The hose is on there 90 degrees off. It should point up and the hose needs to run to the front of the upper a arm. This thread shows where it will come through the frame. and on most trucks there is a hole there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=668759 The 73 to 87 hoses work fine for this and will have a tab on them that gets bolted tot he upper a arm. When you go to drop spindles you do have to tweek the bend in the top of the hose.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Question once again. Does the disc brake hose matter as for what it looks like at the point it mounts to the Caliper, being where the banjo bolt goes through the end of the hose, does it have to be a certain configuration, My caliper ( 92-02 truck) has an Indexing little tab that sticks up where it locks the three sided end of the hose into place. If I know the year for the Caliper Do I have to get that hose for that year Caliper or can I use any thing that will work. * As long as it mounts up/ bolts up to the Caliper will that be Ok. I don't like the way it is now because the frt. hose is way too long and almost gets in the way.

My truck ( 68 C10 w/ manual brakes) has the Original way the lines run down form Master Cylinder now (duel pump) & Prop valve (added) to the inside of frame rail with the Frt left line running & mounting to the Back of the top A Arm like the Original routing of the way the drum brakes were originally. Too make this work will I have to re rout the feed line to the Frt of the A Arm like I have seen in this or other forums. Is a conversion kit drums to disc brake line re routed this way to the frt. of the Aarm or can it stay at the back of A arms. Thanks mjgord51
mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Tree-50

Does the line HAVE to run up? Mine wouldn't fit in that little groove on my spindle, but would only halfway tighten.
Tree-50 is offline   Reply With Quote