The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
CSHADES

1939-40 grille chin

When I bought my 40 there wasn't much grille left and no lower chin or baffle. I actually didn't know what they looked like because I bought it back in the pre internet days. The first pics are the truck without the chin and the last pics is the 39 with the chin in the factory position. I have been looking for a reasonable priced chin and baffle that was in good condition to use on the 40. I found one at Back to the fifties swap meet last summer and decided now would be a good time to get it mocked up and prepped for paint. The problem I had with doing this was the Po had cut off the bottom of the grille shell where the chin mounts. As you can see the chin mounts very low on the shell. I also had removed the bottom bar of the grille because it hung to low and looked stupid that way. The piece hanging down I just fabbed and installed as part of the mount for the chin as you will see in the next few posts on this. I hope this helps any of you guys out there with the 39-40 trucks. I have never been able to find much on this type of tech stuff compared to the 41-46 trucks
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote