The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
FastGM500

99 Chevy Silverado P0301

1999 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
Code P301 #1 Cylinder Misfire

I put a new distributor in it while I was doing the intake gasket because the old distributor cracked.

It runs rough with only this code showing up and I have done the procedure two times. Both times it was at TDC at number one on the compression stroke the rotor was pointing at the 6 notch on the distributor and both timing marks were where they are supposed to be.

I am getting spark, the wires aren't the problem and neither are the plugs. I know this because I tried another spark plug and wire and it was still throwing the code and running like ****. The plug and wire that was in #1 was put on #3 and I didn't get a P302.

I was told of a relearn procedure, might that be what I need?

I may have to find TDC again and just do it over again, but this is getting old any suggestions or pointers on what I may be doing wrong?
FastGM500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
clinebarger

Re: 99 Chevy Silverado P0301

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGM500 View Post
1999 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
Code P301 #1 Cylinder Misfire

I put a new distributor in it while I was doing the intake gasket because the old distributor cracked.

It runs rough with only this code showing up and I have done the procedure two times. Both times it was at TDC at number one on the compression stroke the rotor was pointing at the 6 notch on the distributor and both timing marks were where they are supposed to be.

I am getting spark, the wires aren't the problem and neither are the plugs. I know this because I tried another spark plug and wire and it was still throwing the code and running like ****. The plug and wire that was in #1 was put on #3 and I didn't get a P302.

I was told of a relearn procedure, might that be what I need?

I may have to find TDC again and just do it over again, but this is getting old any suggestions or pointers on what I may be doing wrong?

This happened after the intake gasket install? If so make sure the pins are still straight on the injector pod, They can get bent when installing the injetor plug, If the distributor was off it would set a p1345 code.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
FastGM500

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
This happened after the intake gasket install? If so make sure the pins are still straight on the injector pod, They can get bent when installing the injetor plug, If the distributor was off it would set a p1345 code.
Never got the P1345 code at all. I am on my way out to see if the pins are bent any under there, that was my initial though that the injector got stuck or isn't working I cleaned the upper intake and replaced those gaskets as well. I may have gotten a sprits of carb cleaner on the injector tappet, I think thats what its called.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
clinebarger

Quote:
Never got the P1345 code at all. I am on my way out to see if the pins are bent any under there, that was my initial though that the injector got stuck or isn't working I cleaned the upper intake and replaced those gaskets as well. I may have gotten a sprits of carb cleaner on the injector tappet, I think thats what its called.
Their called "poppets", Carb cleaner wouldnt hurt them, At rest the poppet is closed so nothing would get in there. Did you replace the fuel pressure regulator while you were in there?

A capable scan tool can do a balance test on the injectors......

Scan tools I know that can perform this

Snap on....MT2500, Solus, Modis.
GM.....Tech II
OTC....Genisys, Tech II
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
FastGM500

Duplicate Please Delete

Last edited by FastGM500; 04-12-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
FastGM500

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
Their called "poppets", Carb cleaner wouldnt hurt them, At rest the poppet is closed so nothing would get in there. Did you replace the fuel pressure regulator while you were in there?

A capable scan tool can do a balance test on the injectors......

Scan tools I know that can perform this

Snap on....MT2500, Solus, Modis.
GM.....Tech II
OTC....Genisys, Tech II
I only have a generic scan tool not capable of those things. Yeah poppets was the word I was looking for don't know why tappets came to mind just sounded close enough at the time even know that has to do with the valve train and is completely different lol

It turns out my problem is now solved thanks to you!! The one pin was bent fixed it up and it ran like a champ, you saved me a very large headache.

Thanks AGAIN Very Grateful.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
clinebarger

Quote:
I only have a generic scan tool not capable of those things. Yeah poppets was the word I was looking for don't know why tappets came to mind just sounded close enough at the time even know that has to do with the valve train and is completely different lol

It turns out my problem is now solved thanks to you!! The one pin was bent fixed it up and it ran like a champ, you saved me a very large headache.

Thanks AGAIN Very Grateful.
Good to hear you got it fixed, Your welcome.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
truckdude239

Another one to Clinebarger The smartest gm man around!

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote