The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Classic69
Love That '69

Engine "Sputtering"....

Soo...I just recently started having this problem that im hoping somebody can help me out with...This past weekend I took '69 C/10 out for a drive and opened it up for the hell of it on the highway...I hit about 80-85 mph and the engine started "sputtering"...It was almost like a speed governor kicked in on it...I took it out again today to drive it to work since its nice outside and once I got on the highway it started doing the same thing again...but this time it started "sputtering" at only 65-70 mph and kept doing it till I reduced my speed to about 50 mph...and I accelerated and it did it again!

The truck starts fine, idles good, and accelerates great up to highway speeds, then this issue comes about once I get above 65 mph. As far as I know, quadrajets and TH350's dont have speed governors, so what could cause this problem? And why would it happen at 85 mph, then again at 65 mph a different day? Any ideas....cause I got none lol

1969 Chevy C/10 Truck - SBC V8, TH-350, 3.73 Posi, 1000W Rockford Fosgate Stereo System, B&M Megashifter, GT Grant Steering Wheel, Dual Magnaflow Exhaust System, Dynomax Headers, Lowered 1" Front & 3" Rear, Front/Rear Sway Bars, Racing Seats, 6000K HID Headlights

2008 Chevy Colorado LT - 3.7L I5, 4 Speed Automatic, Crew Cab, 4X4, Z71 Off-Road Package, "Ground Effects" Package, K&N Cold Air Intake, Supermod PTB, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ Resonator, 500W Kenwood / Rockford Fosgate Stereo System, Custom LED Lighting, 6000K HID Low's / High's, Blackcat Customs Gauges / Needles, Carbon Fiber Interior Accents, KrFabs 2" Lift Shackles / Torsion Bar Crank with Rancho RS5000 Shocks, Superskids Skid Plates
Classic69 is offline   Reply With Quote