The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #1
SoCoC10

72 350ci 4 barrel carburetor vacuum/emission hose help

I've searched this section and the Blazer section and can not find any vacuum hose diagrams. I'm working on a 72 K5 Blazer has a 350ci V8, automatic transmission, 4brl carburetor, no A/C and no emissions air pump. I'm posting this here to see if any of you might be able to help?

Also I'm having issues trying to find the correct "Vehicle Emissions Control Information" sticker for the "LL" 350ci 4 barrel carb that goes on the inner fender. Here is a picture of the old sticker.
Attached Images

SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:47 AM   #2
kwmech

Re: 72 350ci 4 barrel carburetor vacuum/emission hose help

If you do not have the A.I.R. pump on it what is your concern? The only other thing I can think of on a 72 would be the EVAP system.
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:07 AM   #3
WorkinLonghorn

Looking at the 1972 diagram here for small block V8 and it shows a line from the carb base to the temperature sensor inside the air cleaner and another from that to the vacuum diaphragm on the damper door (temp controlled air cleaner).
Then of course there is the vacuum advance line that goes from the front of the carb base to the vacuum advance solenoid and another goes to the vacuum advance.
PVC vac line to valve cover.

Evap hose from near the end of the air cleaner snorkel to the canister and the second line from the canister to a tee on the driver side, front of valve cover and on towards the carb.

Vac line to the transmission modulator and the line to the Vac-assisted brakes and if you had cruise control a line to that I think.

I haven't looked at this but maybe it helps; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HmiBp9ibfU
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.

Last edited by WorkinLonghorn; 11-03-2017 at 03:21 AM.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
SoCoC10

I'm concerned the numerous vacuum lines are hooked up correctly and there is this little solenoid I think is a spark arrester? It's not hooked up at all.

I found the stickers from the truck and car shop out of Southern California. Just hope the $0 shipping goes through.
Attached Images

SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

That is the Transmission Controlled Spark (TCS) solenoid. It shuts off vacuum advance until:

1. The engine has reached a set temperature, which is controlled by a valve in the intake manifold that open when that temperature is reached;

2. The transmission is in high gear.

If your distributor vacuum advance is connected directly to the carburetor, that system is bypassed. I see that both ends of this are not connected, so I'd say that it is bypassed. It's there to reduce unwanted exhaust emissions. It doesn't hurt anything except some tree hugger's feelings, if it stays disconnected.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote