The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
1966FLEETSIDE

royal purple

ive been using synthetic oil on my 06 silverado for a while now.but ive been hearing alot about royal purple has anybody here using it?is it really that great?can someone school me on it thx.
1966FLEETSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
MadManAndrew

Re: royal purple

Royal Purple is known for being horrible. They have a great advertising department but anybody who does thier research will find the truth. I forget what organization it is that actually sets the standards but Royal Purple doesn't even meet the requirements to be considered "motor oil". Stay with Mobile, Shell, or Amsoil.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
clinebarger

It's not that Royal Purple can't meet the latest "energy conserving" API spec (starburst logo), They probably just don't care to change their additive package just to apiece the API.....which has EPA written all over it.

Amsoil does the same crap, Alot of their fluids have "recommended for use in" with no license to back it up.

Fact....There is NO miracle oil
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

And just be aware,, there is Royal Purple, then there is Royal Purple

The street grade is just marketing hype and petroleum die. It's like the ****fire spark plugs and Fram filters and multi electrode exotic metal spark plugs, PROOF there is a sucker born every minute that will believe anything if you throw enough pretty girls in bikinis and fast cars on the face of your advertisements. (no insult intended to anyone buying it)

Then... There is a HUGE difference between that street grade RP and the $13 a quart XPR racing oil. RP made a name for it's self in providing a high pressure lube to help keep racing motors alive. It DOES that job if you buy the RIGHT lubricant for the job. But because of the 'magic' in XPR, it's sold and labeled as NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE ONLY.

Just like Edelbrock, Fram and ACdelco.. If they can make a buck from the name,, they will sell you anything

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote