The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #76
jchav62
1962 C-10

Re: My 65 Build

How did I miss this one?? You're doing some killer work on this truck! AWESOME!
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #77
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Man its nice seeing all that new color sprayed.

I'm hoping to do exactly what your doing. Everything I touch I want new paint on it because there is nothing worse than putting old stuff back on that looks like its old.

HighJack time

As for the bed bolts. I sprayed everything with PB blaster and let it soak for a day or so. Hit it again and followed it up with a little torch so the liquid would heat up and soak into the metal.

Right before I attempted to loosen a bolt I would spray some more. Turn the bolt some and then spray. A trick I learned long time ago is when your trying to loosen a bolt is loosen it a little and tighten it back up just a hair. Loosen a little more and tighten Shoot some of that PB blaster on the thread and it should work its way loose.

The long bed bolts and wood supports well they where a pain and felt the fury of my cut off wheel. All the bed sides, tail gate and front tin I was lucky for them to come loose with that PB blaster and a torch because I did not want a bolt snapping in those welded nut zerks.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #78
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Looks like your making some great progress. Keep it up.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 AM   #79
FreeRideYZ250

Old Skool is back on all four wheels, brakes bled, steering mostly complete. Stay tuned for updated progress pics.
FreeRideYZ250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #80
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

You better before Joe hits you up with his famous where are the pictures image.

Congrats on getting it all rolling again.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #81
FreeRideYZ250

Well I am alive, and kicking. Took a detour on projects, and haven't been on this site for a while. Summer time came near, and it was time to get the lake rod ready. I have made some progress on the truck. Will re size some pics, and update in the next couple of days. ... It runs, and runs well.
FreeRideYZ250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #82
lenguini

Hi...Id like to use your idea,just wondering where you located and cut the hole in the firewall for the harness to meet up with the conduit ?

Thanks,
Ed
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #83
lenguini

Hi...Id like to use your idea,just wondering where you located and cut the hole in the firewall for the harness to meet up with the under fender conduit ?

Thanks,
Ed
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 AM   #84
AngelFireCustoms

Long time no post! Even forgot my login and password. That truck hasn't made much progress, however, I have a new build (not g pa's truck) that I am acquiring parts for. Soon will start a new build thread. It is a 66 short bed, full air ride, custom rear frame clip, lots of fun to come. Life got in my way for a while! A long while! This new build I will keep up on. Have almost all the parts and pieces already. Hope you guys will like it. I will title the new one AFC 66 Short Bed. Cheers!
AngelFireCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:07 AM   #85
AngelFireCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFireCustoms View Post
Long time no post! Even forgot my login and password. That truck hasn't made much progress, however, I have a new build (not g pa's truck) that I am acquiring parts for. Soon will start a new build thread. It is a 66 short bed, full air ride, custom rear frame clip, lots of fun to come. Life got in my way for a while! A long while! This new build I will keep up on. Have almost all the parts and pieces already. Hope you guys will like it. I will title the new one AFC 66 Short Bed. Cheers!
Peanut gallery has left the building. Dino? I know you are still around. New build pics coming shortly. As soon as I find time to go from phone to pc to website to blah blah. However. CnC frame rails have come out sick. I suck at patch panel work. Captain fab is sending me his delish parts for steering and breaks. Bump steer tie rod set up available for the bump steer needing folks. Custom sleeve, bored for inner tie rod, and outer heim joint, comes complete with sleeve, high articulation chromoly heim joint, jam nuts, and spindle bolt. Can also include inner tie rod, and drill bit to ream spindle. This modification allows the tie rod to be mounted on the underside of the spindle to correct bump steer in lowered trucks.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2018, 02:11 AM   #86
AngelFireCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguini View Post
Hi...Id like to use your idea,just wondering where you located and cut the hole in the firewall for the harness to meet up with the under fender conduit ?

Thanks,
Ed
I welded in the conduit, and then eyeball engineered the 2" diameter hole to match, I know I am a few - 7 years late. sorry, just got back into this website.