The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
Dallen17

Question Engine trouble help

I have a 1983 Chevy k20 with a good wrench 350 crate motor. I have been having some problems with the truck mysterious losing oil. I've had to put about a quart of oil in the truck everyday for about a week. When I get up for school I find the truck with a few drops leaked out and go to check the oil and it's down to below the low mark on the dip stick. I wondered about the air filter too, so I took off the oil filter and found it had a lot of oil on the filter. I've put a lot of money in the truck and this scares me because I think the motor might be about to blow. If anyone can tell me a little more info and about what to do I'd much appreciated much. Please and thank you!
Dallen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #2
Richard2112

Re: Engine trouble help

Sounds like a simple fix. How is your PCV valve set up? Does it tie in to the air cleaner? Is there a baffle in the valve covers to arrest oil flow through PCV?
Richard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #3
Dallen17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard2112 View Post
Sounds like a simple fix. How is your PCV valve set up? Does it tie in to the air cleaner? Is there a baffle in the valve covers to arrest oil flow through PCV?
It ties into the valve covers and then to the air filter. I might have to take off the valve covers to see if there is a baffle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dallen17 is offline   Reply With Quote