The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #26
bh86

Re: Seeking opinions on staying original or going modern

One other thing I’ve been really torn about is wether to reinstall the winch as it was an original piece to the truck. As you can see in the spid attached here it had some cool options, the spid for my truck is hard to read but reading it side by side with the other similar truck it makes it a lot easier to make out what the options were.
Attached Images

bh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Re: Seeking opinions on staying original or going modern

That is a very special SPID on a rare truck. It is an RS/SS convertible of these trucks... or about a COPO. Anyone who knows these trucks and reads that SPID would surely agree. You have yourself a very special example of one of the more rare models. You do know the production figures, don't you?

The truck I showed I did well over 20 years ago. I had no problem modifying trucks back then. I also built a back-halved pro-street Stepside at that time. But this truck was a Custom/base model with 292, Fr & Rr posi, 4spd, wood floor, buckets, a/c, AM/FM, tilt, dual batteries, and all the HD options. It was obviously a special ordered truck by someone who knew exactly what they wanted and exactly what they didn't want. It had better options than most Cheyenne Supers, all on a no trim truck. But they ordered chrome bumpers as well. I felt I "had to" respect that truck for what it was and I did

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-27-2018 at 08:00 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote