The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
CRGRS 66

66 Door Hinges Left / Right ???

I don't see anything in the FAQ about this, but it looks to me like the left and right hinges are the same, it is just which way you install the pins that make them different. I bought a set of pins and bushings, but had one hinge that would not come apart. Which one was it, I could not tell if it was left or right, they all looked the same to me. I ordered one new left hand and one new right hand, upon receiving them, this is my conclusion.

I will go with one new, and one repaired hinge on each side, but can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Can anyone confirm my findings?

Edit - Does anyone know if the bushings on the new hinges from Classic Parts have the plastic or copper/bronze bushings?
Would it be a good idea to take the new ones apart and replace the pins and bushings so they are all copper/bronze bushings?

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
nsb29

Re: 66 Door Hinges Left / Right ???

I cannot tell you about the bushings but the hinges are the same
nsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #3
Robert Haas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
I don't see anything in the FAQ about this, but it looks to me like the left and right hinges are the same, it is just which way you install the pins that make them different. I bought a set of pins and bushings, but had one hinge that would not come apart. Which one was it, I could not tell if it was left or right, they all looked the same to me. I ordered one new left hand and one new right hand, upon receiving them, this is my conclusion.

I will go with one new, and one repaired hinge on each side, but can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Can anyone confirm my findings?

Edit - Does anyone know if the bushings on the new hinges from Classic Parts have the plastic or copper/bronze bushings?
Would it be a good idea to take the new ones apart and replace the pins and bushings so they are all copper/bronze bushings?
Seth over at Golden State has bronze bushings with his new pins.
Robert Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
CRGRS 66

Thanks guys, I thought they looked identical...
The only difference it seems is which way the pin is installed, so you know, so they don't fall out

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote