The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Retirement

This is what I plan on doing when I retire. I have worked on, modified and drag raced carts now for 15-20 years now.

My plan is to get more into the building of high voltage carts and maybe some day a nice vehicle that can be driven to shows!
I have built a few 72 volt carts and they where crazy fast and had more torque than you can imagine.
The red cart is our 2004 beach cart modified by me. It's electric and runs 45 MPH and yes those are 17" Miata wheels & tires on it. I bought it new out of the show room at Grahams carts in Myrtle beach. That's the original seats and body and it looks just like it did the day we bought it. But the running gear ant nothing like it was when I bought it!

The cart with dually wheels I built and installed 6-12volt deep cycle batteries for 72 volts. That cart was a fun cart to drive and it would ride the back wheels for about 20' when I took off.

My only gas cart I ever built!

Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Retirement

Looks like fun. LOng as you keep up with them honey-dos you should be good

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Retirement

First 2 pictures I swapped this cart out from 36 volts to 48. Installed a 500 amp Altrax controller this past weekend and today I got my gas cart going Middle picture after a 8 months of not riding it. Had to put a new battery in it. Going to sell it to buy a cart a good friend built before he passed away. Last 2.
He hand built the Woodie out of his own timber that he cut and milled himself.

He did this after his 1 round of cancer. Right after he finished the cart the cancer showed back up and in less than 6 months he was gone. He was 2 years cancer free and had enjoyed his time.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
davepl

Re: Retirement

If you're excited about it, it'll be great! That's all that matters. Resist the temptation to make it profitable or competitive... you're retired!

I'm accumulating the parts to put a big 48V motor and 54V lithium ion battery pack that I'm going to make myself on my son's electric quad. Here's the eBike I built a while back... not the same but some things are similar!

I'm still learning about the charge controllers for these that have the sense wires and so on, that's kind of where I'm at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIVzZK5YjC0&t=1s
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:58 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
If you're excited about it, it'll be great! That's all that matters. Resist the temptation to make it profitable or competitive... you're retired!

I'm accumulating the parts to put a big 48V motor and 54V lithium ion battery pack that I'm going to make myself on my son's electric quad. Here's the eBike I built a while back... not the same but some things are similar!

I'm still learning about the charge controllers for these that have the sense wires and so on, that's kind of where I'm at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIVzZK5YjC0&t=1s
41 MPH on a bike! That's pretty cool.

My bikes are pedal power only.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club