The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #1
HipCATZ

Thumbs up Newbie From El Cajon

Hello all, been looking through the site for several months to do some research prior to buying. I have to say that this site a great fountain of information.

I just bought a 1964 Chevy Suburban so now I have a good reason to join. I have always wanted one and now that I have found a decent suburban I decided to jump in. I can now build a decent hot rod that is also decent for family cruising as well.

I don't have any pictures yet, I thought I had some pics on my phone but I can't seem to find them. I will be picking it up one the first and have so many plans.

I have some questions that I have but haven't found the on the site yet:

1. Body Panels/Body Glass/Doors Shells/Fenders: what is the general consensus on brands. What are some brands to stay away from and what are some to look for?

2. What are the main problem areas, the areas that are the most prone to fatigue/rust? What are some of the harder parts to find? For example I have noticed that the barn doors and clam shell rear doors are rare and hard to find especially the door internals like the latch mechanisms.

3. I have also noticed the lack of parts for the suburbans as compared to the pickups. The parts that are common to both the pickups and suburbans are not a problem, but the other parts as like I mention in #2 are harder to find. Also, items like seat upholstery or carpet kits for the suburbans are non existent.

Maybe i'm not looking in the right place and if someone could point me in the right direction that would be sweet!

Thank you all again, I look forward to a interacting and picking all of your collective brains.
HipCATZ is offline   Reply With Quote