The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #26
bealaddison

Re: Seat Upgrades??

I didn't get any pictures, but I was able to mount the '99-06 center console between my existing buckets. It already had a seatbelt made into the mounting points. I just needed to trim the mounting pad and remove the inner arm rests on both the front buckets. It fits very well, doesn't interfere with the transmission or transfer case shifter, and I have the option I was looking for. Seat height is perfect and with some new upholstery it will blend in perfect. I used 1/2" bolts and oversized washers to mount it. It sat perfectly on the floor pan after I cut the width of the foot and redrilled the mounting hole. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something similar.

2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
6in Lift, 35in Toyos on 20x9 KMC Monsters
bealaddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:07 AM   #27
'68 Newtricks

Depends on what you use your truck for. My blazer came with mid 90s tahoe seats, poorly mounted. While comfy, they had no bolstering. I adapted some early 2000 Suburu WRX seats in. Driver seat uses all original floor mounts while the passenger uses the front holes and new supports for the rear. I even saved the track sliders for the passenger seat, to use for rear seat entry.

Why? Cause my truck is 95% offroad minded. I need the bolstering, plus tilt back and ease of getting in and out. Something to think about.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #28
Rmy660r

I just went through the same issues for my 91 Suburban. I bought 99-06 Silverado seats and they were too tall. I ended up getting Chevy Cruze seats and they worked great. I used the console from the Silverado seats. I had to make a bracket for each seat for the inner front corners.

Rmy660r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #29
Front Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmy660r View Post
I ended up getting Chevy Cruze seats and they worked great.
Those look comfortable.