The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2018, 11:50 PM   #1
chrisduketv

C30,C40,C50 pics needed for TV show

Hey guys, just signed up and was hoping you could help!

My name is Chris Duke www.chrisduke.tv and I'm the host/producer of Motorz TV www.motorz.tv. I'm producing a series of episodes for the 8th season about 67-72 Chevy trucks.

In the first episode of this series we're talking about the history of 67-72 trucks, and then subsequent episodes will focus on building a 69 C10 from the frame up!

The reason for this post, however, is to ask for some help. During this episode (in the final days of post-production), the following trucks from 67-72 are referenced:

- C30
- C40
- C50
- C60
- K5 Blazer
- K20
- Towing truck
- Wrecking truck

I would love to be able to add some b-roll (photos over talking scenes) to help support the on-camera spoken words about those trucks. Each photo would be on-screen for a second or two.

I can credit your name in exchange. I need these soon, though. Feel free to PM me or you can reach me at https://chrisduke.tv/contact
chrisduketv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:31 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: C30,C40,C50 pics needed for TV show

Hey Chris, welcome to the site from Maryland. I have plenty of pictures, and we have another forum, if you scroll down, named "Heavy Haulers" for the medium duty-ups above C/30. There you will find a couple picture thread stickies with a boat load of pictures, also quite a few build threads of various nature.

Your first post seems legit and probable. But, we see a lot of scammers showing up here with their sneaky link inserted... which to me are very poor attempts on an obvious scam. They get the boot pronto lickety split. Either you are legitimate or this is the best scam, yet. I am not wanting to be assumptive here and am sure you can get plenty of help from us for what you need. But I doubt most will click your links before being more familiar with you. I believe you, just thought I'd let you know what to expect. Maybe some here are familiar with your business*. Post up here to help us become better acquainted. You have come to the right place for a resource on, especially, the older trucks

EDIT: I just Googled your website and now the only question is whether this is who you are. Sorry for casting any doubt. To be honest, I'm not up on TV these days and could very well be the only one here who has NOT heard of you. Again, just letting you know my reaction to seeing a first post with links inserted. * Maybe I'm clueless . I didn't edit anything out from before I checked, which could prove embarrassing for me in short order. Maybe I need a second coffee. Welcome to the site, Chris.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-12-2018 at 05:43 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Here are a couple C/30s I've owned. No great pictures, though. I wish I had taken pictures of the gold former Winnebago work truck I built, when it was fresh as in the first picture. Secomd picture was last job I used it on:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
sweetk30

nice to see tv guys doing correct vehicle research .

but it looks like you missed the first 3 sticky threads in this section that are nothing but big truck pic threads . and #2 is c40-c60 type stuff specific .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
HO455
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

EDIT: I just Googled your website and now the only question is whether this is who you are. Sorry for casting any doubt. To be honest, I'm not up on TV these days and could very well be the only one here who has NOT heard of you. Again, just letting you know my reaction to seeing a first post with links inserted. * Maybe I'm clueless . I didn't edit anything out from before I checked, which could prove embarrassing for me in short order. Maybe I need a second coffee. Welcome to the site, Chris.
What is this TV thing you talk about?
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
chrisduketv

Quote:
Hey Chris, welcome to the site from Maryland. I have plenty of pictures, and we have another forum, if you scroll down, named "Heavy Haulers" for the medium duty-ups above C/30. There you will find a couple picture thread stickies with a boat load of pictures, also quite a few build threads of various nature.

Your first post seems legit and probable. But, we see a lot of scammers showing up here with their sneaky link inserted... which to me are very poor attempts on an obvious scam. They get the boot pronto lickety split. Either you are legitimate or this is the best scam, yet. I am not wanting to be assumptive here and am sure you can get plenty of help from us for what you need. But I doubt most will click your links before being more familiar with you. I believe you, just thought I'd let you know what to expect. Maybe some here are familiar with your business*. Post up here to help us become better acquainted. You have come to the right place for a resource on, especially, the older trucks

Thank you for the unusual welcome. Trust me I am who I say I am, and I'm not here to scam anyone. I'm just reaching out for help to the 67-72 Chevy/GMC community. That's all...

P.S. The links weren't advertorial. I'm not selling anything. They were just a quick way for people to click a link to validate my show and who I am, without going into a lot of detail.

Last edited by chrisduketv; 10-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
chrisduketv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
nice to see tv guys doing correct vehicle research .

but it looks like you missed the first 3 sticky threads in this section that are nothing but big truck pic threads . and #2 is c40-c60 type stuff specific .
Thank you. That's exactly all I'm trying to do.

I didn't miss anything, really... or the pages of Google image search results. The problem is getting written permission from individuals to use their photographs--not photos taken from someone else, or downloaded from Google, etc. So I'm looking for authentic people, who have taken good photos of the aforementioned vehicles and want to help contribute to my show. I'd try PMing a bunch, but I'm sure that such activities as a new user would be limited.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #8
chrisduketv

Quote:
Here are a couple C/30s I've owned. No great pictures, though. I wish I had taken pictures of the gold former Winnebago work truck I built, when it was fresh as in the first picture. Secomd picture was last job I used it on:
I'll send you a PM about your photos

Last edited by chrisduketv; 10-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #9
Chevyland

Here are some
These are all my pictures
And of trucks I own now or owned in the past when I took the picture

Below - c30
Attached Images

Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #10
Chevyland

K20’s
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #11
Chevyland

K5 Blazer

If I am in any way able to help you with your show, please ask
Thanks, Eric
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #12
chrisduketv

Chevyland... thank you! Some great stuff. The forum downgrades the quality considerably so I'll PM you with some links to the ones I'd like to have larger resolutions of, if available.

Thank you for your help!
Old 10-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #13
Joe Pass

Good luck with your project....followed you a bit and it looks like your having too much fun lol....Joe
Joe Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #14
chrisduketv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pass View Post
Good luck with your project....followed you a bit and it looks like your having too much fun lol....Joe
Thank you Joe! Chevyland came through with flying colors, emailing me a ton of great photos for use in the episode. He's a life saver. Can't wait to get this one out.

You're right it's going to be a fun-filled bunch of C10 build episodes!
Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #15
sweetk30

my dads old 1970 k20 . 350 / 4speed sm465 / np205 t-case / dana 44 open knuckle drum brake front / dana 60 power-lok posi rear both with 4.56 gears . tow truck push bumper with a custom plow frame between it and the truck . had a 8ft 6in wide meyers blade on it for winter time use . was a copper / bronze paint color with white top half . gosh i miss that old tank she would work and work and work .

i still have the hood and front bumper tho . some day i will recreate this truck .

here is the hood in its new life .
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #16
chrisduketv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
my dads old 1970 k20 . 350 / 4speed sm465 / np205 t-case / dana 44 open knuckle drum brake front / dana 60 power-lok posi rear both with 4.56 gears . tow truck push bumper with a custom plow frame between it and the truck . had a 8ft 6in wide meyers blade on it for winter time use . was a copper / bronze paint color with white top half . gosh i miss that old tank she would work and work and work .

i still have the hood and front bumper tho . some day i will recreate this truck .

here is the hood in its new life .
Thank you! I think I've got everything I need now to wrap things up. Greatly appreciated. I may need something more in the future... who knows! A whole lot of new episodes featuring classic Chevy trucks are planned.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Hey Chris, just want you to know my original post was intended more to advise you that others my be suspect of a first post with links than to suggest you were not who you said you were. Also, I literally just because forum staff again last night and my post was absolutely on the fellow member level, not at all on a moderating level.

I realize now that the pictures of the gold truck I offered were scanned from pre-digital prints, hence very low resolution.

Tim

Old 10-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #18
txagincali

Hey Chris,
If you are needing some real world examples, Ron over at Drifters Garage in Escondido is building a killer C40 Dually Rig Setup that's almost complete. He also has a number of C10 and K20 pickups in his collection there that I'm sure would work well with your show. He was a real nice guy I met a few weeks ago and wound up picking up a chassis from his shop this weekend, and only a few miles north of San Diego which was why I mention it. Look forward to the episode!
-Brian
1972 GMC K5 Blazer 4x4 (sporadically being worked on, accumulating parts)
txagincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #19
chrisduketv

The episode is now live, and thanks to a few of you for your help! Please check out the first C10 episode here:

https://www.motorz.tv/s08e04/
Old 10-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #20
chrisduketv

Quote:
Originally Posted by txagincali View Post
Hey Chris,
If you are needing some real world examples, Ron over at Drifters Garage in Escondido is building a killer C40 Dually Rig Setup that's almost complete. He also has a number of C10 and K20 pickups in his collection there that I'm sure would work well with your show. He was a real nice guy I met a few weeks ago and wound up picking up a chassis from his shop this weekend, and only a few miles north of San Diego which was why I mention it. Look forward to the episode!
-Brian
Thank you! I go up to Escondido all the time (was just there this past weekend, in fact!). I'll have to ring him up BTW the episode is now online!! Enjoy!
Old 10-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #21
GM72K10
Next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisduketv View Post
The episode is now live, and thanks to a few of you for your help! Please check out the first C10 episode here:

https://www.motorz.tv/s08e04/
Nice!
86 K30 C&C 6.2 4:56s, 4M, 11,000 gvw, ex fire truck, now lowboy dump
More square bodies and CUCVs than I care to admit to
2020 Silverado K3500HD Work truck
GM72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for sharing, Chris. Great stuff

Tim