The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 72 k20 project

Nice score on the 47RH! Start selling the extras to get a good torque converter.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice score on the 47RH! Start selling the extras to get a good torque converter.
i am like the crazy cat lady with parts, i just cant seem to get rid of any. only collect more. that list was just what is in my garage in CO. there is still a decent pile back in iowa at my grandmas. i have a problem. now that i think about it, i have a pretty darn good set of doors at grandmas that i wish i had here for the truck....

the guy i bought the tranny from gave me a core TC and i didnt even look at it till i was home. it is a non-LU from i dont know what. either a 727 or a518. i have the core from the 47re so that is no problem. i think i will call Goerend for my TC. just another cool grand.... jesus this stuff gets expensive.

i am just glad the drivetrain is pretty much sewn up. i just have to do the seals on the engine and it could be started and ran. very tempting.

i also finished(with the exception of a few little bits) the frame boxing in the rear tonight. hopefully i can get the bed soon. then i can fab the fuel tank. for some reason my wife has been hung up on the fuel tank so if i get it out of the way maybe she can quit stressing over it

Ryan

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote