The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Shipping our truck parts advice to the part time seller

A lot of us only sell stuff now and again, this is for guys like us.

When I look at the for sale things its usually X plus shipping, plus fees, plus whatever. Next thing you get ten guys saying Ill take it depending on X X X ... Now I get this, makes total sense, just takes a bit to get everyone sorted out.

I sold a few items, Total all in, no extras. To me that made it easy for the buyer. Look at my giant pictures, (post them in your board gallery, huge by huge and provide a link) ... If you want it, this is what you pay.

Sold the stuff and all I based my shipping costs on was what I figured was a logical guess and add a few bucks. Umm no lol.

7 pound box was 47 bucks. Had the shipper figure it out UPS, Postal, and FedEx.

So this post may or may not go here but a little advice. Pack, get the weight and find a zip code that is furthest away from you and price your shipping. This is if you want to go the all in route. Its a nice way to sell and at the most your going to be only a few bucks over or under. If your ahead a few bucks it helps you recover your cost for packing material and boxes. In the end I think doing it this way is great for the buyer and the seller. The few bucks over or under all evens out. Beats spending close to fifty when you were thinking 25 haha!
CG is offline   Reply With Quote