The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #176
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

Well thuseday we are moving shop so have to get the truck running and kinda road worthy so it can move to the other side of the town.

i have been trying to put the wiring harness all togther

hopefully i can get it cranked up tommrow

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #177
watahyahknow

you could basicly hotwire it for the trip just put power on the ignitioncoil the feulpump if it has one and the startermotor

as for indicators turn oprn the window and stick youre arm out to go left and have someone in the car for the left turn , just drive inside roads and try not to stick out to mush to the lawinforcementofficers (nice scrabbleword)

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #178
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
you could basicly hotwire it for the trip just put power on the ignitioncoil the feulpump if it has one and the startermotor

as for indicators turn oprn the window and stick youre arm out to go left and have someone in the car for the left turn , just drive inside roads and try not to stick out to mush to the lawinforcementofficers (nice scrabbleword)
i got it mostly figured out just need to bleed air out off fuel system and i hope its running and bleed the hydroboost system so i can proberly bleed the brakes and im good to go

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #179
GmtGmt

Its alive

Quote:
Old 08-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #180
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Congrats! I wish it were a better quality video though.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #181
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Congrats! I wish it were a better quality video though.
yeah i coundt get my card to work for my camara

Quote:
Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #182
GmtGmt

Quote:
Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #183
watahyahknow

would you be interested in a set of 4 truckrims and adapters ?

have them here in the netherlands

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
Old 08-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #184
GmtGmt

thanks but no thanks noting bigger than 17" for me but i want a set of keystone 16" if got a set

Quote:
Old 08-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #185
watahyahknow

hmmm i got a set of steelies but i havent seen them in a while since there parked with my trucks in storage
there of a breadtruck or camper think there 17.5 inch

Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #186
kikkegek

nice build! subscribing...
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #187
GmtGmt

Well just to Bump this back up.

Its still here we have been moving so the truck has just been sitting in the garage since first september

we are going to try and fire it up tommrow the garden needs to redesigned

Quote:
Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #188
502ms

Just read this entire thread, good to see it Alive! I would rather you kept it one color...like all red or black or even primer...looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #189
96twodoor

any updates on this?
96twodoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #190
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96twodoor View Post
any updates on this?
soon too be

painted

working on the wiring harness because its a really mess right now

Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #191
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Sounds nice and congrats on the paint! Good luck with it guy!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #192
GmtGmt

well times flies by and havent really been into the chevy for some time, had alot of stuff happend on the job, was transfered to another shop at work because of lack of work.

Jackknife with a car trailer fully loaded only a dented left rear fender on my car and the trailer had to rebuild (insurence) still have to fix the body damage on my dd but i dont want it totaled so i have to pay out of my own pocket.

Stay tuned, I have bought some big for this one and its ex us army

Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #193
watahyahknow

whoooooooo must be a tank
there actually a couple of people running a tank with licenceplate in england there for some flaw in the law exempt from taxes

with a milage to about 2 miles the gallon it isnt cheap

Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #194
trout

Any updates?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #195
GmtGmt

Time to get back to this old truck. have had along time off and ready to get going again.

im getting the body work on my dayli driver volvo fixed in the first weekend in december and after that it will be straigt to work on this

but plans are im going my "friend's" place to pick up the last few body parts and just put it togther so i can start driving it.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #196
Truck Guy99

Where are the pics of this new paint?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #197
GmtGmt

Well well well long time no see, Life got in the way.
this project have been on the back burner for a long time now because of time and Money. I bought a 92 body that i fit but didnt like it. so have bought a 84 single cab. Little rust and mostly complete missing the top lights and other stuff but thats fine.

Picking it up late this week.

The crew cab body has been scrapped a tree fell onto it back in mid 2013.
the bed will be taken off and this will become a Ramp truck for my Auto repair buissnes

Quote:
Old 05-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #198
wyattglock

That sucks to hear about the dually. You had a lot of time into that. I am sure the single cab will be just as nice when your done with it though.
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #199
GmtGmt

Well this project have taken a new turn.
I have sold 92, body, Removed the Drive train and bed, sold the Chassie and bought i 73 C30 Reg cab, Cab chassie that has been shortend and fitted a long bed box

Quote:
Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #200
GmtGmt

End of the line

Chassie for its New owner, Will be made into a Car hauler with a Volvo 210 Pickup body and Cummins 6BT Diesel Engine

The bed Waiting for the new truck

This cab is was going to be used but now its donating parts for the new truck and the rest is going to meet its maker along with the crew cab body.

Engine faith undesided

Thanks for looking.
Watch out for the New Build.

Quote: