The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #1
ozzie50

What do you think this is worth 53 panel?

I found a 1953 panel 350/350, manual rack steering, camaro rearend, decent paint and pretty solid body (so says the owner). I have yet to see it and was wondering what this could like it would be worth. I know there are a lot of variables without seeing it. But what would be a good price on a pretty good panel. Looking just for a ballpark figure.

Also, when i go look at it what should be some of the problem areas on the body I should look for? I have a 50 gmc truck but was wondering if panels had any problem areas to look for.
ozzie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
99 to Life

Re: What do you think this is worth 53 panel?

Variables is the issue. It is so hard to say. I mean it could be worth a lot more than they would sell it for. You just never know. Don't make the offer for it, unless you are willing and have what you offer. I always make them put the ball park number out there, if one isn't established. But for instance, around my area a guy was selling a pretty decent original panel for 1200 bucks. I also have seen some not complete for around 3 grand. But I have also seen one in PA for 300 bucks. But it sounds like this has been through the mods most of us have been doing. The vehicle alone if in good shape, just for the metal and title would be an easy 1500 if not a bit more. It depends on how nice that 350 is. There is soooo much you can do with just an engine with performance and dress up, that alone might be worth 1500, but some people will sell a running 350 for around 500 bucks. It just all depends. I would check out pics and see how desperate they are to sell it. Heck I just got a 400 dollar air compressor for about 100 bucks. The deals are out there. With these trucks it just seems like what is it worth to YOU. But lastly the panels are definitely more than the trucks that is for sure.

49Hardtimes s/10 susp- bagged, vortec sbc, 5 speed, patina, sold
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=594874
VIDEOS https://youtu.be/E8zHhjgS_lA
https://youtu.be/E8zHhjgS_lA

Geronimo 54' LS engine, static drop IFS, Client build, just about done
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...62#post7399162

52' 3100 Slowly in progress, will be painted two toned, have 235 with a t-5, lowered OG frame

Other projects, 49' farmuse 3100, killer Patina, will be slammed, LS engine, full done interior up next!

www.coffeeandcustoms.com
99 to Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
ozzie50

He is asking 3800. Which if the body is as good as he says I think it maybe worth it. Clear title he has no money invested in it he got it in a trade.
ozzie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Dan Bowles
AD Addict

Variables are going to be the back doors, the rear corners, and the area between the doors and fenders. These are the most injury/rot prone. Also, don't hesitate to get up and look at the roof. I've got one someone put in a garage that wasn't tall enough for it. The rear sat higher than the front. The front fit...

Wheelright has patch panels for the sides and rear corners. Doors aren't as easy to come by. If it has clam shell doors, it is worth more but this isn't common on panels (I doubt they were original if they have them).

Front sheet metal is the same as all the rest. Floors and cowls are prone to rot.
Dan Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
Dan Bowles
AD Addict

Did you get pictures by chance? I'd love to see it.
Dan Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
apacheracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie50 View Post
I found a 1953 panel 350/350, manual rack steering, camaro rearend, decent paint and pretty solid body (so says the owner). I have yet to see it and was wondering what this could like it would be worth. I know there are a lot of variables without seeing it. But what would be a good price on a pretty good panel. Looking just for a ballpark figure.

Also, when i go look at it what should be some of the problem areas on the body I should look for? I have a 50 gmc truck but was wondering if panels had any problem areas to look for.
Is it white with black fenders???????
apacheracing is offline   Reply With Quote