The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

8 days till Truck buddy fun! NC/SC Meet and Greet aka Gathering of the Goofs

Ok guys its one week away! If you have been under a rock and have no clue what we are talking about. The 3rd annual " Spring Gathering of the Goofs" (ie meet and greet) is next weekend May 8th at Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury NC.

Here are some pics of last year's spring gathering

Now for the info:
park map and info thread
rsvp thread
traveling from the Raleigh area caravan thread
goofs drive thread
goofs swap thread
and the all new goofs menu thread

Please note a few important things...
1. " My truck is not ready, so I can not come this year" is NOT a valid excuse. Though we would all love to see your truck, this is for the people of the site. We don't care if you show up driving a fluorescent yellow yugo.. just get there.
2. " I can't afford to bring anything" .... then don't... We are providing the Burgers, Dogs and fixings. If you want to bring a side, drinks, dessert etc, thats awesome. If you can not, then just bring yourself.
3. "My wife and kids hate our trucks.. I will never win this one".. that excuse is lame as well. Have you seen Dan Nicholas Park??? Family fun at its best. There are walking trails, a fishing lake, 3 age appropriate playgrounds, mini golf, baseball fields, volleyball, horseshoes, Train ride, carousel, petting barn, wanna be aquarium, wild life habitat with bears, wolves etc. , Duck feeding, Paddle boats and more. If you can't talk your family into that.. well heck let me talk to them. Most of the wives and kids that have come in the past look forward to this yearly.
4. " It looks like rain, I may melt" ...again no excuse. We have a covered shelter and a lil rain has never stopped our fun.

We have folks coming from FL, NJ, VA, TN, NC, SC and no telling where else. It will definitely be the place to be next Saturday.

Hope to see you guys there!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote