The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Dustless Blasting system, anyone tried it? Own one?

This is the company in Houston. They manufacture and sell the units, you buy directly from them. I stopped by their place, it’s a well run company in my opinion.

https://www.dustlessblasting.com
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
bs46488

Re: Dustless Blasting system, anyone tried it? Own one?

Are you looking to buy one and start a business? Or just get some work done?

I had my entire front clip done by a local setup. They did it dirt cheap if I was willing to drive the stuff to their place on a Saturday morning before they packed up for a job. I was pleased with with the cost, the work, and they were also nice guys.

1970 Nova: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=708161
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Thanks, I would probally buy one, the DB500.

Having been self employed for the last 35 years, I only know one way to do my own research....get out there and talk to people and ask lots of questions

I would look at doing this with my 25 year old daughter. She is strong and eager to be self employed.
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

I had considered it a few yrs back ...its not cheap to get into it as a business....then there's the demand part. ...is there enough demand to keep it busy....I've got friends with blasting units and around here the demand is sporadic at best...sometimes they sit a month or more with nothing to do...combining blasting with another side business would be best...like welding, powdercoating, indust painting or such....
when I contacted one to blast my truck they said around 2k for top and bottom.....

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
Jrainman

I have been doing a ton of research on water injection for blasting . if you are planing to go in to a bussiness then 5 k and up for dustless blasting is not that bad . but in recent times they are far better choices for the hobbiest then spending 5 k . today there are 2 ways of utilizing water injection in sand blasting.

IF YOU already have a compressor and a dry sandblasting system
and you are just looking to use this on your own builds and or help a friend, I would suggest looking at Ameriblast wet sand blasting system , they claim you can adpt there system to a hose size 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2 system , but also say give them a call so they can help you, and order the correct system , So the cost would be under $200 for this type of water injection system that you would attach to your exsisting dry blast system. Check out there youtube vids .

OK so the other system is utilizing a pressure washer , home depot ,Northern equipment and Eastwood auto body, all have a system that you hook up to your pressure washer that s work , ONLY if you have a Pressure washer that puts out a minium of 2.5 GPM and that is the Key if your washer can not put out at least 2.5 GPM dont bother ,this is why these systems get bad reveiws because people dont get it , they buy it and try to utilize it on there 1800 -3100 PSI washer that put out 1.5 to 2.0 gpm . you need to spend min $800 on a washer to put out those GPM numbers . but if you have a washer that puts out over 2.5 gpm then you are good to go price $60-$125.00 check out the YOUTUBE vid with dewalt 4200 psi pressure washer sand blasting.

Power eagle wet blasting company is another one to check out they offer a system to attach to your pressure washer but Again your washer needs to put out a min 4 gpm if you have a washer that puts out at least 4 GPM you are good to go for under $200. check out there youtube vids inder there name power eagle wet blasting.

I am just looking for a way to blast that has a min effect on panel distortion, I dont have any thing to do with any of these products or companys
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #6
Lanman1972

I have only heard one comment about the Dustless blasting. The guy I talked to said the wet sand mixture was almost impossible to get out of the small gaps and hard to see areas. He said he was concerned about rust starting in those areas. That's only one review.