The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
roughedup72

93 5.7 tbi swap into a 72. Whats needed?

I have a 93 burb that I'm going to be pulling apart and wanted to know how difficult and what was needed to complete the swap from carbed to f.i. I know I need the computer and probably the o2 sensors but what else. Any And all advice is welcome. And If you live around columbia s.c. and would like to help I will be glad to take that also.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 93 5.7 tbi swap into a 72. Whats needed?

Your swap is a little different from ours but the concept is the same. If you are dissmantling the burban take all wiring you can. There are a bunch of guys on here that have been through this swap and are willing to help.
You will need an electric fuel pump, new fuel lines, Knock sensor(KS), vehicle speed sensor (VSS) and I'm sure I missed something else. I didn't realize before I posted my thread (link below) there are some really good threads on here already. I can't help you in SC but I will try to help you with anything I can online.

CJ's TBI SWAP http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317519

Mike
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
roughedup72

Re: 93 5.7 tbi swap into a 72. Whats needed?

thanks for advice.
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote