The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
54blackhornet
Senior Member
 
54blackhornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Eastern Oregon
Posts: 1,614
Social Distancing ?

I have to congratulate everyone for not going completely fixated on the present situation. Other forums I visit are full in on it...I thought this photo was worth sharing...keep your distance fellas...
Attached Images
 
__________________
71 GMC 1500
71 C-20
67 MGB G/T
07 Magnum RT “Did I mention it’s got a Hemi” !
54blackhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
phlegm
Still Green but learning
 
phlegm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,867
Re: Social Distancing ?

I stay under the hood, while my son stands on the other side ignoring me and pointing the flashlight at everything I am not working on. Does that count?
__________________
-- Cory
71 Cheyenne 10 - SWB, 350, "3 on the tree" AC cab
07 Suburban LTZ 4x4
2010 Acura TL
98 Mastercraft "FrankenStar" 225
27253 UPS/USPS

IIOY....nope never was
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:45 PM   #3
BCOWANWHEELS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: KINGSPORT,TN.
Posts: 3,006
Re: Social Distancing ?

do it YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..................... THIS IS REAL AND FAR WORSE THAN THERE SAYING...............
__________________
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #4
54blackhornet
Senior Member
 
54blackhornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Eastern Oregon
Posts: 1,614
Re: Social Distancing ?

I can’t help but distance myself. We live in a very remote location about an hour away from anyone. I have never witnessed anything like this and I’ve seen some crazy S@&T...
__________________
71 GMC 1500
71 C-20
67 MGB G/T
07 Magnum RT “Did I mention it’s got a Hemi” !
54blackhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Monroe, Wa.
Posts: 17,158
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
I have to congratulate everyone for not going completely fixated on the present situation. Other forums I visit are full in on it...I thought this photo was worth sharing...keep your distance fellas...
That's what the general area of the board is for ... fixation haha.

I was afraid to open this thread ... ugh not another ... click, Oh Hey that's a cool old pic. Thanks for posting!
__________________
… … … … … … … … ... … … … … … … … … … … …
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
67mater
Senior Member
 
67mater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 857
Re: Social Distancing ?

I would have never guessed how safe the garage was!
__________________
time is inversely proportional to money; that's why it takes me so long

1967 K10
1967 Camaro
67mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #7
57taskforce
All about them K’s

 
57taskforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,129
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mater View Post
I would have never guessed how safe the garage was!
My knuckles disagree with that statement.
__________________
'57 3100 350/700r4 4” lift 35x12.5's
'72 K20 Cheyenne 350/SM465 557 paint http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=662879
‘69 K10 SWB 305/sm465/205 4” lift 33x12.5’s awaiting vortec 350 swap and light restoration http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic
57taskforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #8
REDROCKER652002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South San Francisco CA,
Posts: 268
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
I stay under the hood, while my son stands on the other side ignoring me and pointing the flashlight at everything I am not working on. Does that count?
You got one of those too? LOL.
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
REDROCKER652002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South San Francisco CA,
Posts: 268
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
do it YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..................... THIS IS REAL AND FAR WORSE THAN THERE SAYING...............
Lighten up, Francis (Funny quote from the movie Stripes if you don't remember it). Just teasing man, we all get it, it is bad and gonna get worse, but we cannot lose our sense of humor

I don't think it is far worse. What is bad is the reaction and selfishness of people to forget about how to love thy neighbor. That is the part that I feel horrible about. The American People have shown it's true colors, and in my opinion it is not a good thing. Let's get together people, help those who need it and honor thy neighbor. That is my take away from all this. We, as a society, suck. OK, we now return you to your regularly scheduled panic. LOL.

Again, I apologize to those who may have been offended, but that is my take on it, that and a few beers. LOL.

RR

Last edited by REDROCKER652002; 03-24-2020 at 08:26 PM.
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #10
sick472
Registered User
 
sick472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sedalia Mo.
Posts: 607
Re: Social Distancing ?

It's a good thing I am stocked up on C10 parts...my dream is to able to stay focused in my shop for a couple of weeks. I could get some progress going on.

Under the circumstances, it would be a silver lining....I pray!


Stay safe and well!
__________________
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod. Compressions 8.7:1
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #11
rowdy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 166
Re: Social Distancing ?

Great opportunity to get some stuff done! I work from home but try to use the commute time to spend a half hour or so each day. It adds up. I just wish I could go out to the hardware store...it seems I always have to most weekends from some small thing.

Please be safe out there everyone. It will get worse, unfortunately....
__________________
1970 K10 Shortbed LS L96 6L90
Follow the entire mess below!
Lola: My Moon Shot
rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:30 PM   #12
REDROCKER652002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: South San Francisco CA,
Posts: 268
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy11 View Post
Great opportunity to get some stuff done! I work from home but try to use the commute time to spend a half hour or so each day. It adds up. I just wish I could go out to the hardware store...it seems I always have to most weekends from some small thing.

Please be safe out there everyone. It will get worse, unfortunately....
No reason you cannot, is there? I have been to my local Lowes three times. Got some stuff done at the house, and took the motorcycle out for a ride. I think if you just take the precautions, you can go and grab stuff you need. Just don't kiss the clerk LOL.
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:42 PM   #13
mikeshome
Registered User
 
mikeshome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mount Albert.Ontario
Posts: 81
Re: Social Distancing ?

I did rear brakes on the 71 C10 and found out i had a rear coil spring broken .Went Sat and bought springs.shocks and hardware kit.Now my free time this week will be used up.We can still get everything we need here in Ontario,just limiting how many people in places at one time.Bills Truck had parts pulled and waiting for door pickup.
Attached Images
 
mikeshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #14
yysenhimer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 34
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
I stay under the hood, while my son stands on the other side ignoring me and pointing the flashlight at everything I am not working on. Does that count?
At least you got him in the garage
yysenhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM   #15
phlegm
Still Green but learning
 
phlegm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,867
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
My knuckles disagree with that statement.
This^^^^^^
__________________
-- Cory
71 Cheyenne 10 - SWB, 350, "3 on the tree" AC cab
07 Suburban LTZ 4x4
2010 Acura TL
98 Mastercraft "FrankenStar" 225
27253 UPS/USPS

IIOY....nope never was
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #16
maverickmk
Senior Member
 
maverickmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Altamonte Springs FL
Posts: 414
Re: Social Distancing ?

Canadian social distancing is if I can hit you with my hockey stick you're too close.
__________________
Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

1969 GMC Short Step Side
maverickmk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order
 
special-K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: West Falls, MD
Posts: 73,901
Re: Social Distancing ?

It was odd having the church up the road empty and quiet on Sunday. I think people are doing a good job of abiding by the orders, from what I have seen. Even at the grocery store it seemed people were being careful about getting too close to one another. I know I was. It's a great time to take a walk with fewer cars on the road. That's about all I can tell where I live. But going into town is odd seeing businesses closed. I run past my buddy's place and think it's been since before Christmas, I should stop in. Then I figure I better just wait on that.

This virus incubates for two weeks before symptoms start. During that two weeks that person is contagious. That fact was enough for me to get how serious this is.

I read yesterday that one early sign of this virus is you lose sense of taste and smell. Not always, but it can be an early warning sign and a good thing for all to know.

EDIT: I just saw this article about McDonalds updating their logo to promote social distancing. I guess
Name:  BB11EIyW.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  11.1 KB
Probably fake news. Seems more like a joke to me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...cid=spartanntp
__________________
"BUILDING A BETTER WAY TO SERVE THE USA"......67/72......"The New Breed" GMC

'67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi..........'The 67' (project)
'72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok...'The 72' (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586

Last edited by special-K; 03-25-2020 at 09:44 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #18
mygmctruck1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Munising,Mi
Posts: 359
Re: Social Distancing ?

Michigan has put in a lock down , meaning go no where unless there is a food , drug , or emergency need.
I am old enough to remember this but our life style was much like what we are experiencing today . Because there were no fast food rest , very few rest period , very few gas station , no convenience stores , no coffee shops , not much of anything we have to day. Life was much slower and peaceful even though most everyone was poor. We didn’t even know we were poor because no one told us !
I know people are hurting from this pandemic and I feel for them .

Let’s hope everyone comes out of this with a new perspective and thankful for what we have instead of what we don’t .
Be thankful for you life even as it is , be at peace and know things will get better . We are a resilient people and we have been through much worse, Keep on and press in .
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #19
maverickmk
Senior Member
 
maverickmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Altamonte Springs FL
Posts: 414
Re: Social Distancing ?

__________________
Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

1969 GMC Short Step Side
maverickmk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #20
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

 
67ChevyRedneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 22,565
Re: Social Distancing ?

I've been practicing social distancing for years. My first "weekend home" was no different than any other weekend, except the wife and I didn't do our normal sat night dinner night out.

I feel really bad for people like my friend Jason. His wedding is scheduled for May 2nd. He's already cancelled the bachelor party. I just don't see their wedding happening in 5 weeks.
__________________
Jesse James
1967 C10 SWB Stepside: 350/700R4/3.73
1965 Ford Mustang: 289/T5-5spd/3.25 Trac-Loc
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #21
cornerstone
Senior Member
 
cornerstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Azle,Texas
Posts: 1,812
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygmctruck1 View Post
Michigan has put in a lock down , meaning go no where unless there is a food , drug , or emergency need.
I am old enough to remember this but our life style was much like what we are experiencing today . Because there were no fast food rest , very few rest period , very few gas station , no convenience stores , no coffee shops , not much of anything we have to day. Life was much slower and peaceful even though most everyone was poor. We didn’t even know we were poor because no one told us !
I know people are hurting from this pandemic and I feel for them .

Let’s hope everyone comes out of this with a new perspective and thankful for what we have instead of what we don’t .
Be thankful for you life even as it is , be at peace and know things will get better . We are a resilient people and we have been through much worse, Keep on and press in .
I couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________
Brian


1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 4 year frame off.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #22
kipps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: North-central Virginia
Posts: 597
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I feel really bad for people like my friend Jason. His wedding is scheduled for May 2nd. He's already cancelled the bachelor party. I just don't see their wedding happening in 5 weeks.
One of my friends canceled her wedding in early April, and just got married a bit early. The couple, her parents, his parents, three of her sisters, and the pastor. Exactly 10 people on a grassy hilltop. I felt kinda' bad for her. She had been expecting 500 guests at her wedding.
__________________
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, 1997 nv4500, 89/91 np241c, hydroboost, 2001 14bff rear axle.
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #23
simicrintz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Escondido
Posts: 290
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROCKER652002 View Post
Lighten up, Francis (Funny quote from the movie Stripes if you don't remember it). Just teasing man, we all get it, it is bad and gonna get worse, but we cannot lose our sense of humor

I don't think it is far worse. What is bad is the reaction and selfishness of people to forget about how to love thy neighbor. That is the part that I feel horrible about. The American People have shown it's true colors, and in my opinion it is not a good thing. Let's get together people, help those who need it and honor thy neighbor. That is my take away from all this. We, as a society, suck. OK, we now return you to your regularly scheduled panic. LOL.

Again, I apologize to those who may have been offended, but that is my take on it, that and a few beers. LOL.

RR
I agree with this take; stay calm, practice common sense and compassion, and don't buy into the hype. It's real, but for some reason the media has grabbed on to this and is hurting millions of people financially with the constant news (they talk about the bad but never the good; many people have already recovered from this).

Stripes was a great movie, and that is a great line; stay safe and healthy everyone!
__________________
-Bruce
1971 K5 Blazer 4WD
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:45 AM   #24
A1971Blazer
Senior Member
 
A1971Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,304
Re: Social Distancing ?

My shop (business) is 50 feet from my house....my commute is 30-45 seconds
Sometimes several days go by and I don't leave the place
this "social distancing" thing has been my way of life for 20+ years
and
I am perfectly happy with it
I have plenty to keep me busy
My wife complains..."you have too many projects"
my response..."well I don't ever run out of something to do"
__________________
1970 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
.............
A1971Blazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #25
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

 
67ChevyRedneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 22,565
Re: Social Distancing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
One of my friends canceled her wedding in early April, and just got married a bit early. The couple, her parents, his parents, three of her sisters, and the pastor. Exactly 10 people on a grassy hilltop. I felt kinda' bad for her. She had been expecting 500 guests at her wedding.
Ours was 60 people, I don't know if I know 500 people!

I bet they saved a ton of $ though!
__________________
Jesse James
1967 C10 SWB Stepside: 350/700R4/3.73
1965 Ford Mustang: 289/T5-5spd/3.25 Trac-Loc
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com