The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2023, 10:04 PM   #1
57hauler

paint for dashpad

was looking for some insight on what type of paint to spray this with. Its that flimsy cardboard dashpad from a C50. Dash was a wreck when i got it. Wavy near speaker and near cluster. i misted it was a spray bottle and carefully ironed it. It took awhile but i was able to reform it. i dry it with heat gun. There was 2 areas that needed attention. A small puncture and a bad crack in speaker. i reinforced dash from behind and did a light coat with body filler. I think i did a decent job blending. I had to knock down the splatter paint or whatever chevy used to get it more uniform with area that needed filler. My question is what should i prime with? i feel like it will just soak it up. Secondly what should i use as a topcoat? I would like to match it to interior, which is a dark green.
Attached Images

57hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:45 PM   #2
notsolo

Re: paint for dashpad

I have used epoxy primer on cardboard glove box, couple coats, then top coat with just about anything. Also used Upol-Raptor tintable bedliner on dash pad extra urethane paint. Comes out matte finish.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:51 PM   #3
57hauler

Re: paint for dashpad

thanks. i used ur advice with epoxy then used some duplicolor. came out great for driver quality, however i might go back to green as tan interior set i was gonna buy fell thru.
Attached Images

57hauler is offline   Reply With Quote