The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
rgunlock

Re: Time to put that Carb Spacer in!

Thanks yucales! Your post motivated me to go pull the carb off again and check more closely. For this phenolic (plastic) spacer, you MUST install with the hollowed out cavities facing up and the smooth/flat side down on the intake.

It isn't obvious, but installed wrong the shape of the spacer prevents the throttle assembly from fully returning to idle.

Hope this helps someone searching carb spacer. I looked and wasn't able to find anywhere that describes how to install these correctly. One picture in the package would have saved me a lot of time and effort!

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Thread
71 GMC 2500 350/TH400 - still deciding where to take it
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #27
Bigdually

I have the 1/2" laminate wood spacer under the AVS2 on my BB 366. It did solve some of my issues, but on a good hot day I still get hard restarts. I ordered the square bore style spacer to match my manifold and carb, but was sent the performer manifold type with two large ovals. I'm guessing the mismatch isn't insulating properly?? Swapping out for the correct one is on my to do list.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #28
cwcarpenter98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Thanks yucales! Your post motivated me to go pull the carb off again and check more closely. For this phenolic (plastic) spacer, you MUST install with the hollowed out cavities facing up and the smooth/flat side down on the intake.

It isn't obvious, but installed wrong the shape of the spacer prevents the throttle assembly from fully returning to idle.

Hope this helps someone searching carb spacer. I looked and wasn't able to find anywhere that describes how to install these correctly. One picture in the package would have saved me a lot of time and effort!
Man, it sucks that you had to do it twice, but thanks for letting the rest of us know that there's a difference of the sides to be aware of!
"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote