The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Toadfrog

Truck Info
Manufacturer: GMC
Year: 1971
Suspension type: leaf spring
Front Brakes: disc brake
Modifications:
Rear Brakes: drum
Steering: power
Front differential type / Gears:
Rear differential type / Gears:
Tire and Wheel Size

Body Sierra fleetside longbed
Color Scheme: black/white top
Bodyman:
Modifications:
Paint Type:
Painter:

Interior delux
Color: black
Material: cloth
Upholsterer:
Wiring:
Modifications:
Steering wheel/Column:
Stereo/Speakers/Amps:
Air Conditioning: factory add on
Instrument Gauges: all but tach

Engine
Cubic Inch: 350
Manufacturer: chevy
Camshaft: stock
Cylinder heads: stock
Valve Covers: stock
Intake Manifold: stock
Ignition System: hei
Exhaust type: maniflod
Carburetor or Fuel Injection: carb

Transmission 350 turbo
Automatic / Standard: auto
Torque Converter: stock
Modifications:
Shifter type: column
Drive Shaft:

Biography
What is your name? Tony Wilder

Please share a few things about yourself. (Bio, family, background, hobbies, your favorite pizza topping, your favorite vacation spot, etc) riding 4 wheelers,working in garage
How long have you owned your truck? 2 years
What made you decide to buy this truck? my dad owned a 69 GMC for years that I learned to drive on
How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? What do you enjoy about your truck the most? garage....love the body style,driving it
Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? always loved 67-72 chevy/gmc trucks
What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? How did you/do you handle it? I am converting my truck from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive,I tried using a 78 chevy frame but discovered the differences in frames would make cab mounts in fron of cab and radiator supports too high.I bought a donor 70 factory 4 wheel drive with rough body for the frame
What/who is you favorite/best part source? I have ordered from southern ky classics,lmc
What are some things have helped your project to be a success? I have been to car shows and online talking to other 67-72 enthusits ,looking and reading your forums on others builds
What is the history behind your truck? I am the 3 rd owner,it was bought new at a local dealership in Johnson City Tenn,the original owner kept it and drove it till about 10 years ago,after his death the second owner drove it casually for about 8 years,I bought it 2 years ago from him with 104,000 miles on it and in great shape
What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): daily driver
What is your favorite memory with your truck? I am enjoying the research in building a 71 4 wheel drive,the parts collecting and build
Whats your favorite modification done to truck and why? I am building a longbed with 3/4 ton axles,4"lift kit,35" tires and rear disc brakes
If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why? I would have started with a 67-72 factory 4 wheel drive frame
What are your future plans for your truck? I am building my truck to drive daily,use to pull my camper and plan on keeping it for many years
What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? research with people who have done similar builds to yours,go to car shows and talk to them about thier build and find forums like this one to read about others builds and ideas on thier build